The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Games You Completed/Played in July 2014

4 posters

Go down

The Games You Completed/Played in July 2014 Empty The Games You Completed/Played in July 2014

Post by volvocrusher Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:47 pm

So we had a really weak month, but I'm sure there's something you had in your backlog.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

The Games You Completed/Played in July 2014 Empty Re: The Games You Completed/Played in July 2014

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:37 pm

I didn't finish much, but I put some time into a few, so I will list them:

Strider (PS4): I think I'm at the final boss or close to it. I got there after playing for a while and didn't feel like fighting him and didn't realize how far back the last save was, so I have not finished it. I think it is pretty fun. I really like how they handle movement once you get most of the abilities. I think the beginning is quite dull though. Games that backload getting your abilities like this one run that risk. Still need to finish it, but I'd give it like a B- tentatively.

Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS): I had a lot of fun with this. My biggest issues were the final world being too much of a rehash and some of the things missing from the Wii game. But it didn't have the bad back to back world themes that game had and brought in some cool new abilities (Archer and Beetle come to mind) and mechanics utilizing the two planes well I thought. I'd give the slight edge to the Wii game, but not by much. I'd give it a B.

Spec Ops: The Line (PS3): Working on this again, but this one spot was giving me some trouble and I have not finished it. I certainly see the appeal of the story especially as I went farther on, but it doesn't make up for the sub-par gameplay in anyway so far. This game would probably get a D, but it seems like one I really have to finish before judging it.

Otherwise a lot more Resogun Survival for me and I started The Last of Us on PS4.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

The Games You Completed/Played in July 2014 Empty Re: The Games You Completed/Played in July 2014

Post by volvocrusher Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:29 am

The Last Tinker: City of Colors- Basically a mash up of other games, platforming's from Assassin's Creed, combat from Batman, and puzzles are pretty generic. Paces them pretty well so how mediocre every individual mechanic is never really presents an issue. World is fantastic. I'd give it a C http://www.pixlbit.com/review/900/the_last_tinker_city_of_colors_review

Dragon Age: Origins-Counting it since I missed a lot of content my first playthrough. Love how deep the combat is, but the interface and poor enemy placement really hurt it. Fantasy setting would normally bore me, but Bioware's great job of creating amazing worlds keeps that from happening. Party is pretty fantastic. A-

Rogue Legacy- A must play for any Castlevania fan. Tough but fair, super addicting, great sense of humor, and just a lot of fun. A+

Also, Trip, if you've got to the bombing section yet in Spec Ops, your opinion on it won't be swayed by the ending. That's pretty much when the game reveals what it's really about.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:33 am

Ah okay. I didn't really expect to be swayed, but figured there might have been more to it. I still hope to finish it.

I saw you said Rogue Legacy was your favorite indie game on Twitter. That might make a good Top Five maybe.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:44 pm

Didn't complete much myself, since I was on vacation for half the month and sightseeing and visiting rather than gaming, but I did play a few good games.

One Piece: Unlimited World Red (Wii U) - some of the best cel-shaded graphics I've ever seen. Combat is a little wonky but fun. Has a bit of a city-building aspect to it. B+
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:21 am

Uncharted on the Vita - Was alrite, just what you'd expect really.
Typing of the Dead Overkill - Really fun and absolutely hilarious.
Receiver - Oh my god this game is so cool. Really really wish they'd actually put the mechanics into a game with proper level design and enemies etc, having to go through every process of reloading the gun is surprisingly awesome.

Trip have you finished Spec Ops yet?
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:00 am

No I haven't gotten around to it. I still hope to though.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down