The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Things That Annoy You In Gameplay

+8
volvocrusher
avidacridjam
pspiddy
TripOpt55
Captain N
Krubixcube
Rainjar
BretBaber
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Things That Annoy You In Gameplay - Page 2 Empty Re: Things That Annoy You In Gameplay

Post by ajapam Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:45 pm

Yeah... no control options in a PC game is such bullshit. And it just screams "half-assed console port"
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Things That Annoy You In Gameplay - Page 2 Empty Re: Things That Annoy You In Gameplay

Post by Motinator Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:03 pm

When you can only invert both X and Y axes at the same time, or neither. The only game I can think of with this problem is POP Sands of Time.
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:30 am

Do glitches count that can crash your game? If so I hate that, especially in Fallout 3 and in New Vegas. Though I've found out that when it freezes, if you rotate one of the sticks it unfreezes. Doesn't work all the time but does for me.
Captain N
Captain N
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:01 am

I wouldn't count glitches because I feel gameplay stuff needs to be a conscious decisions on the developer's part. I don't think any developer intended to make glitches, whereas developers chose not to include controller tweaks.

I got one: especially prevalent in Japanese games. When they ask you to fucking confirm...EVERYTHING. "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO SAVE?! YES/NO! YES?! YOU SURE YOU WANT TO SAVE IN SLOT 2?!" 

FUCK OFF GAME!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubby Jubbleton McJubson Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:30 pm

The thing that always annoys me in RPGs is when they give you new equipment and it's always better than whatever you already have. Instead of having to think about what to equip because of the equipment's diversity, you just use whatever you got last because that will be the best option no matter what.
Jubby Jubbleton McJubson
Jubby Jubbleton McJubson
Sand Thrower

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:35 am

Just to clarify are you saying when you get new equipment that doesn't have a give-and-take with stats? So there's no debate as to whether or not to equip the new stuff?

To be honest I think MOST games don't handle equipment very well. FFIX had some interesting ideas in terms of equipment management since there were skills you needed to learn on shittier equipment but the gameplay didn't make those skills absolutely necessary enough to make the decision hard.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:45 pm

I get what he means. You can go to the newest town store and buy equipment that is better at everything than the last equipped weapon/armor. Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games seem to suffer from this, but since I love running around gaining levels and getting money to get the better equipment it doesn't seem to bother me too much. Agree that Final Fantasy IX handled it the best though.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by lenny.b Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:06 pm

I just stopped playing Ni no Kuni (for now) because after getting to Castaway Cove, the fact that I had to return to Al Mammoon to get "permission" to use the boat really urked me. I really get frustrated when video games have you run around in circles, or back and forth to get things. Sure, it might happen in real life, but I think that's why I expect video games to make it less frustrating in that sense. The straw that broke the camel's back, however, was the fact that I was doing a pointless side quest of searching every corner of the town for some stupid pigeons. Blah!

/end rant.
lenny.b
lenny.b
Asks for the "Guile" at the Barbershop

http://lbenologa.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:00 pm

Yeah the DS version is the same way "HEY, YOU COMPLETED THE QUEST, GO BACK TO TOWN AND TELL HIM YOU FINISHED IT!"

Why? That's why we have editing, to skip out the boring parts. I miss RPGs like Chrono Trigger that weren't afraid of having a 20-30 hour run time but with story pacing that was excellent.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by lenny.b Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:25 pm

Exactly! I compare a lot of RPGs to Chrono Trigger as it's my favorite RPG of all time. I did, however, enjoy how forward-moving FFX seemed, too.
lenny.b
lenny.b
Asks for the "Guile" at the Barbershop

http://lbenologa.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:32 pm

Ni No Kuni does have a lot of back and forth fetch quests. Since I never wanted the game to end, I was perfectly fine going wherever.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:33 pm

Also, it's funny that someone commented on this thread, because I was complaining to friends about the very first post today. FIFA cheats, as I'm sure other sports games do as well.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:37 am

I'm not sure if this was already posted but even if it was, the KZ Mercenaries beta makes touch screen prompts deserve a mention
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2