The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

How To Make Trophies Better Next Gen

+8
Captain N
SanAndreasX
ajapam
volvocrusher
TripOpt55
Bannen
BretBaber
Krubixcube
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How To Make Trophies Better Next Gen - Page 2 Empty Re: How To Make Trophies Better Next Gen

Post by Captain N Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:44 am

Remember when that stuff was free? You usually unlocked that by pressing some button combination or something or earning it. Heck I heard that Capcom was charging for cheat codes for Dead Rising 2, not sure if it's true though.

In-game unlockables would be sweet.
Captain N
Captain N
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

Back to top Go down

How To Make Trophies Better Next Gen - Page 2 Empty Re: How To Make Trophies Better Next Gen

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:49 am

volvocrusher wrote:Or maybe give us more costumes and things now being charged as DLC that we used to get for free for getting trophies. I get a lot of DLC, but anything as small as costumes is bullshit.

I want bikini's for all characters including the males, especially the males.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:47 am

TripOpt55 wrote:I'll have to think on this more, but here are some. I don't think ones for completing portions of the story are so bad though. I think you are underestimating how often people don't finish games. Getting some for a bit of progress is okay.

I'd rather not have multiplayer trophies unless it is try each mode or something like that. Nothing that makes people act stupid when playing online.

I wouldn't mind any story based ones being secret, so I can browse the list without seeing something sort of spoilery, but I am very spoiler phobic. That or just say chapter 1 beat or whatever.

I do like special ones like you mentioned Krubix that make you do something outside the box. Stealth a certain section and so on.

I guess i don't like them because I don't like the game constantly reminding me how long it is by how many trophies it has at story progress points or just by saying "SO...YOU HIT THE HALF WAY POINT! SO THAT'S COOL!"

I WOULD argue though that a game like Silent Hill or Final Fantasy where you're truly getting immersed in those stories would be ruined by trophy pop ups because...well, it reminds you you're playing a game. If I just had a really emotional moment in a story and it was like "DING - The Bitch is Dead" I'd be pissed. I like Steam's soundless trophies a bit better...and I think some games you get the achievements without them popping up.

Overall though, I think the BIGGEST thing is options though right? Kind of makes everyone happy. Would be even better if you could have default options and different trophy options for each game. Platformers...give me ALL the trophies because I'm playing it as a game, but story-focused games, that's not what I'm playing it for the first time through so...yeah. Options.

Also, where the fuck is Neph?!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:11 am

They could get away with giving you money as long as their was something like an online pass that they do with some games. That way the code could only be used once, and it would also reward people who bought new games.

Costumes, themes, avatars, etc... should be free, but I think a lot of the time you have to pay for them way after the game has been out. Example is Playstation All-Stars, all of the ones you have to buy are just now coming out. Technically people are sitting around working on those so they should get paid for them. If a game has day 1 costumes though for sell, that's not really excusable.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilimi Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:30 am

A thread about trophies created by Twolf? Now I've seen everything.

That's like me starting a thread about car repairs or menopause.

Nephilimi
Currently Looking Through Their Ascot Closet

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:36 am

I have an idea that Neph would like: Separate trophy lists for DLC. So if you get a platinum, then DLC is added, you're still at 100% in the game, the DLC has its own list.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilimi Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:07 am

Oh I have plenty of ideas for trophies. That would certainly be one of them. Fucking DLC ruining my completion percentage. The last eight months every time I get close to 90 another fucking game releases another fucking round of fuck fuck fuck stupid DLC. Fuck you dishonored you piece of shit game. I have seriously been hovering between 89.0 and 89.6 for the the last six months.

Some of the ideas here about getting in game rewards is cool. I like when games take the time to tie trophies to in game achievements.

No mp trophies.

I hate when one random trophy sits apart from the rest. For example you need to beat the game 3 times for the platinum but there's a trophy for killin 200 enemies with x weapon. Unfortunately you only get x weapon one per game with an opportunity to kill only 20 people. So because you could only have possibly earned 60 over the three playthrough, you need to go back and replay that chapter 10 times. There are so many examples of this where you beat a game and you're left grinding some stupid kill trophy or money trophy. I remember sitting on that bridge in Force Unleashed killing Wookies for literally three hours straight after having finished that game.

I like when games have a nice progression of trophies. Not like when you can earn 90 % of them on your first playthrough for ten hours. But you need to play a second and third time for just the last two trophies.

I like story heavy games like Walking Dead that just give you the trophies. Having to replay Heavy Rain 13 times kind of wrecked it, also I hate having been forced to make certain choices.

Trophies are at their best when they make you play a game in a different way or when they are actually challenging. Trying to kill x boss without using y weapon is way more fun than x kills with this weapon or beat chapter 2.

As for taking away trophy dings... fuck you. The trophy ding is my phone notification noise. Fortunately I've yet to forget to put my phone on silent so it's never gone off in court before... my Tron ringtone would be equally awkward.

Nephilimi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:50 pm

Let us disable them completely, or at least just let us disable the ping and notification. Seriously, it's so annoying to be immersed in whatever's going on in game and a trophy pop up and ruin it a bit. Some of us just want to play and enjoy the game, we don't need a little soma shiny shiny "LOOK AT YOU, YOU'RE SO GREAT FOR PLAYING THE GAME" to keep us going or increase our enjoyment. It's funny how I despise them now considering I use to collect them all the time.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:04 am

I think that's exactly the point for me, when I'm playing a story heavy game (like Bioshock Infinite now) I don't like when I've just experienced this gig emotional moment and it's like "HEY...GOOD JOB BUDDY! YOU PLAYED THE GAME!"

Bioshock's achivements are all quite shit really. All gathering or killing enemies with certain weapons. BAH!

Options menu...number 1 request next gen.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:10 am

The Vita actually lets you adjust notification settings for different apps, including trophies. I would bet that these settings are coming to the PS4. But I just discovered it recently and I'm never connected to the internet, so I don't know if it's talking about "you got a trophy" notifications or "Your trophies have been automatically synced" notifications. I'll mess with them the next time I play a Vita game
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:08 am

See, that would be great because I don't like trophies, and I would be more than happy just to ignore them. But right now...you can't. Which sucks.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilimi Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:53 pm

No! You have to be reminded every trophy ding how awesome I am.

Obviously I was joking early. You should be able to disable to ding. All games should have trophies though and all people should have to earn trophies regardless of whether they care or not because of the integrity of the system. But if you want to completely ignore them and turn off the ding then that should be an option.

Nephilimi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2