The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

If you were to introduce Trip an RPG game to play, what would it be?

+6
Miraculous Kaydybug
lenny.b
volvocrusher
SanAndreasX
TripOpt55
BretBaber
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

If you were to introduce Trip an RPG game to play, what would it be? - Page 2 Empty Re: If you were to introduce Trip an RPG game to play, what would it be?

Post by volvocrusher Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:27 pm

Yeah, you level up with the option to level up a bonus to any stat, you have hit points, magic is now Bro Points for special moves (which have hilarious results if you mess up), and there's basic equipment with different pants and badges to wear.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

If you were to introduce Trip an RPG game to play, what would it be? - Page 2 Empty Re: If you were to introduce Trip an RPG game to play, what would it be?

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:51 pm

The Mario game sounds like the best choice. I will look for a cheap copy of that maybe. Though I think I may look to get one of these more jrpg-type ones a try too since I think that is more what Bret would like me to try.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:56 pm

Well my recommendation for that kind of RPG is Pokemon then. And not just because I'm the Pokefreak here, but it's so easy to pick up for anyone unfamiliar with RPGs.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:56 pm

It would be cool if you gave one of them a try, but I wasn't intending for you to ever spend any money or actually try a game. Thought it would be a cool thread to honor a man that brought so many of us here. Somehow we should try to take this thread and do another one for another member. Example, "If You Were To Take One Nintendo Franchise Away From Captain N, What Would It Be and Why?" If you do buy a game based off of this thread, if my example thread was to ever come to light we would have to force Captain N to never play that series again!
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:58 pm

All in all I don't think there's much hope for Trip and the role playing genre, I believe he tried Costume Quest and didn't really like that, which felt like the Mario RPG games in a way.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:01 am

Superstar Saga is more involving though. I don't think he'd like Paper Mario, which is more like Costume Quest, but Mario and Luigi puts a lot more focus into getting the button presses right.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:04 am

If I would have known he didn't already try Costume Quest I would have picked this game. The man can carve one mean ass pumpkin, so an rpg revolving around Halloween seemed like a no brainer, plus it is short and sweet.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:23 am

I really thought I'd like Costume Quest. I love Halloween, but didn't stick with that game either. That might be worth giving another shot I suppose. I will give the rpg genre another try though. That may not have been the intention of this thread, but I think it deserves another shot. Having said that it will have to be on the cheap.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:49 am

Well whatever you go with, let us know. I'll be on the sidelines rooting you on! I'd love to see you take an interest in the genre, but understand it might never happen.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:07 pm

So Trip, ever play any of the suggested role playing games?

I also think we should continue this kind of thread idea for a new person. Who, I do not know, but I'd like to contribute to any that would be made.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:12 pm

Who else is famously averse to a certain genre?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:06 am

What about you and online games Twolf?

Edit: And no rpg for me yet Bret. I plan to do it at some point though I swear!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:19 am

Define online game...I don't like MMOs but that's more of a not having time for them kind of thing.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:33 am

It doens't even have to be a genre related thing, but I'd like it to remain a gaming thing. Here's some examples....

If you could take away one Nintendo franchise from Captain N, what would it be and why?

So it doesn't have to always be a genre thing. Also, what happened to Captain N? I asked once on the general chat thread but wasn't sure if I got a reply. He was always active on here. Another also, you don't really play online games Krubix? Didn't know that.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:41 am

Ngamer's still on Pixlbit from time to time, but I don't think he has the computer access he used to. Has to share with his brothers and most the time he's on it's from his Wii U.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:35 am

Krubixcube wrote:Define online game...I don't like MMOs but that's more of a not having time for them kind of thing.
You seem rather "curmudgeon-y" about online (multiplayer?) components and mention how you are just a singleplayer guy (am I making this up?). Like that comment at the end of your recent Pokemon censoring post. But I recall quite a few of these. Maybe I am incorrectly assuming you don't care much for online gaming. I don't feel like digging into post history so you can just tell me I'm wrong and we will move along... haha.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:40 am

I thought that was more of a Nintendo directed thing than an online one. That seems to be T-Wolf's bigger curmudgeon.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:54 am

I'm not anti-nintendo or anti-online actually. And that was more anti-censorship than anti-online. I think people should be able to do what they want as long as you have the option of willingly locking yourself out if you want to. Like if Nintendo was like "well, you can name your pokemon Pusspunter3000 but you can't take it online or use any online stuff with it" kind of thing.

I think you're confusing me with Neph, Trip in terms of disliking online stuff =p. I think multiplayer has its purpose I just don't find myself drawn to it lately. But that's not saying that it's bad or anything... I have played a lot of online in the past (most dominantly on PC) but lately I find myself going to single player stuff and just ignoring the online components (like The Last of Us for instance). But if you're just saying I tend to play singleplayer stuff then yes, you are  correct.

I like the whole taking things away/negative side though. That could be interesting. Like, if Volvocrusher couldn't have pokemon anymore (there's an invisible gnome named Milo on his shoulder that slaps it out of his hands every time he tries to play it), what series would you introduce to him instead?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:07 am

I'm not sure if Neph actually did dislike online stuff because he'd also go on about how online multiplayer is always more fun than single player...yet single player games should never even try to add on a MP mode even if it's not tacked on....because....trophies.....David Cage.....Half Life 2 sucks.......Miyamoto is a talentless hack.....some day I'll be able to piece all of this together to figure out how his mind works.

Also if I didn't have Pokemon I wouldn't find a series to replace it. There is no video game that can possibly replace it. I'd force bears with freeze rays to fight giant bugs that know kung fu on Mars instead....but first I'd need to find a way for this scenario to exist. And a way to profit off of it.

Last edited by volvocrusher on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:16 am; edited 2 times in total
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:12 am

No, no man, I get it. Wait...what? I...eh?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:17 am

I don't know man, you just said this, "Especially as I'm the 20th century backwards man who will never go online." I don't think rpgs are bad either. I just can't really get into them. Which sounds like what you are describing with online currently. You "aren't drawn to them." Which kind of sounds like more or less what this type of topic was going for. I just didn't know you used to play a bunch of online games, so that certainly makes it a different deal.

Neph is totally different, so I am not confusing with him at all. He actually really enjoys playing online modes for well-crafted multiplayer. He believes from a gameplay standpoint it is actually superior to singleplayer (at least last time I discussed it with him). He just had the whole trophy plus tacked-on multiplayer issue he was wrestling with. He thought games should more or less be segregated (like Killzone shouldn't have singleplayer, The Last of Us shouldn't have multiplayer).
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:33 am

I'm adverse to playing games that have overly masculine leads, but thats really about it.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:56 am

I am a deeply sarcastic man...I often say things I don't entirely mean =p. Yeah, I used to play quite a bit of multiplayer on my PC. The first modern warfare, funnily enough (before COD multiplayer became synonymous with "twat") was a big recent-ish draw for me. That said, I have infinitely more fun playing with people I know than random dudes. Especially in smaller multiplayer games (Civ, 3 v 3 type shooter deals, Left 4 Dead), so I have those good experiences and it's hard going online with random people. Played quite a bit of Uncharted 2 Multiplayer as well actually. Trying to think of other games I played online just to prove I have...>_> OH OH! I used to play Ragnorok Online back when it first came out...BOOM! Then I got bored of it like all MMOs.

That said, if more people had steam here I would play online with you all I think. The Civ game we played was fun, we just need to bump the speed to the fastest speed next time. I have Left 4 Dead 2 and haven't played it yet...now's your chance to convert me to this playing games on the "interwebs" dealy.

EDIT: And awww, Trip, did you actually go through old posts? That is very noble of you.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:31 am

Ha... no. No old posts were gone through. My little quotes were just referring to the Pokemon one and paraphrasing your last post.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:41 am

That's funny...that really feels like something I would say. You have distilled me down to my essence.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:21 am

Kayshire Cat wrote:I'm adverse to playing games that have overly masculine leads, but thats really about it.
I was going to use something like this as an example for you but wasn't positive if you hated playing as guys.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:44 am

What did you think about Joel from The Last of Us then Kay?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:45 pm

I'm not adverse to playing as males I just prefer them not to be on fucking steroids and shit. My problem is with stuff like Gears of War.

I liked Joel he's just a normal guy no "male power fantasy" or whatever bullshit, and he's kind of attractive maybe...
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:24 pm

Someone should make another post like this for someone else. I've thought about others for other people, but I couldn't think of any good ones. So if someone has one, you should just post it. Only rule is not to be mean, we're all friends here.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:46 pm

Who else is picky about genres here?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next