The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Games You Played in October 2015

5 posters

Go down

Games You Played in October 2015 Empty Games You Played in October 2015

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:00 pm

The usual. Give us your thoughts on the games you played and/or finished this past month. Also let us know what you plan to pick up in November.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Games You Played in October 2015 Empty Re: Games You Played in October 2015

Post by volvocrusher Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:51 am

Metal Gear Solid 5- Best stealth gameplay I've ever seen. Story is disappointing but it stings less when its this much fun. A My review http://www.pixlbwww.pixlbit.com/review/942/metal_gear_solid_v_the_phantom_pain_review
Life is Strange-Episode 5 really hurt this one for me. Just didn't like it which is especially bad in an episodic game building at a big finale the whole time. Gonna review it more in depth but for now C+
Halo 5- Very disappointed. Campaign was just mediocre, with some downright baffling design choices I'll get into when I review it. But for now, campaign gets a C- while the whole package is a C+. Cause Warzone (basically capturing bases against players with AI enemies running around) is fantastic.
DBZ Extreme Butoden-  DBZ fighting game on 3DS. Neat ideas, but pretty shallow. Think I'm trading it in. D+
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:00 pm

Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below - I went into this thinking this was going to be a Warriors game with Dragon Quest fan service. And while it does have a lot of the elements of a Warriors game, they did flesh it out with a lot of Dragon Quest mechanics. It's my favorite Musou game to date and one of the funnest games I've played this year. A-

Tales of Zestiria - liking the cast of characters and the more open, Dragon Quest VIII-esque world so far. Namco really tried to make this a more seamless experience than past Tales games. This game is great, and I can't wait to see what they do with Tales of Berseria. A
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:47 am

The Beginner's Guide - Really enjoyed the story on this one. It gets pretty serious but it manages to stay down to earth for the most part, and it's something I've never seen a game attempt. It kind of makes you want to create your own game. Some of the later level designs in particular are fantastic. The $10 entry fee is a bit steep but my first playthrough was probably the most engaging and affecting gaming I've done all year. A-

Alone in the Dark (1992) - The controls have obviously aged poorly, and the goofy monster designs and Banjo-Kazooie xylophone don't help it as a horror game. Yet, there's something satisfying about it. With the help of numerous saves and an occasional walk-through, it was a neat little run-through a piece of history. Despite it's age you can still get the sense that it was cool and important in it's time. Plus, it feels like a classic haunted house full of traps and curses which I still love for some reason, as silly as it is. Considering it's over 20 years old, I'd give it a B-

Kind of cheated with the latter because I just played it in the past few days, but I figured I might forget about it by the time we do november.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:46 pm

Just realized I never did this:

Life is Strange Episode 5: My least favorite episode. I like my ending, but it was missing some of the things I liked so much about the game in previous episodes. I still enjoyed the game overall. Episode Grade: B- Overall Grade: B+

Sunset Overdrive: Really like the way this game added challenge to platforming in an open-world. And how it combined traversal and combat. Also has the weapons and humor I covet from an Insomniac game. Grade: B+/A-

Yoshi's Woolly World: Fantastic exploration-based platforming wrapped in an incredibly well-realized and adorable art style. Love the way it constantly keeps you on your toes with new platforming mechanics and level design ideas. Grade: A-

Also replayed the Uncharted games on PS4. I love this series.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:17 am

Wipeout 2048 - finally put some time into this on my Vita. I think I like it better here than on console—it's one of those games that you can never sit close enough to. I like that I can jump into it and do half decent. It would also be really fun to get really good at the tracks and nail every boost. A-
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down