The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Pre-E3 2015 Thread: Predictions, Rumors and Wishes

+4
SanAndreasX
ajapam
Krubixcube
TripOpt55
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pre-E3 2015 Thread: Predictions, Rumors and Wishes Empty Pre-E3 2015 Thread: Predictions, Rumors and Wishes

Post by TripOpt55 Wed May 20, 2015 5:21 pm

Less than a month out from E3, so I figured I could start this thread up. I will post any rumors I hear. And I will try and post some questions every few days for those who want to participate in discussing it leading up to E3. If anyone wants to lay out some predictions or wishes, you are welcome to.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Pre-E3 2015 Thread: Predictions, Rumors and Wishes Empty Re: Pre-E3 2015 Thread: Predictions, Rumors and Wishes

Post by TripOpt55 Thu May 21, 2015 5:23 pm

Of the games I know will be there, I'm most curious to see Mirror's Edge. I want to know if this open-world thing can work or how it will work. I guess it is supposed to release in the first quarter of 2016, so they should have something substantial to show.

I'd also like to see Uncharted multiplayer. Not sure if they will show that. I'm sure they will show something cool of singleplayer, but the less I see of that the better to be honest. I'd be curious what the multiplayer looks like though. If there is a Trilogy collection for PS4 maybe it will come with a beta for 4.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Pre-E3 2015 Thread: Predictions, Rumors and Wishes Empty Re: Pre-E3 2015 Thread: Predictions, Rumors and Wishes

Post by Krubixcube Wed May 27, 2015 12:49 pm

E3 has literally passed over my head this year. I have NO idea what's hyped up or anything. Until I get a next-gen console and/or a new computer it will probably continue to do so...

Depending on any paychecks coming/money coming in I might reward myself with a PS4...we will see.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Wed May 27, 2015 5:41 pm

I'm most excited to see the new Need for Speed because it looks like the Underground games, though realistically I don't expect anything incredible. Not even sure if it'll be there. I want more of Zelda Wii-U and to finally see that Star Fox game, and some new IPs as always. Maybe some Mirror's Edge and/or Battlefront gameplay. I really don't know what to expect from Sony or MS. Hopefully they surprise us.

Predictions:
- Arkham Knight will show up in at least two different conferences to waste our time
- Something from UC4 but I don't really care because I already know I'll play it
- Maybe a first look at platinum's XB1 game?
- Sony talks about The Last Guardian, revealing that it's now exclusive Destiny DLC.
- Half-Life 3 was in our hearts all along
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed May 27, 2015 10:29 pm

I don't think Sony will have a big Fall game to announce to replace all the delayed stuff. Other than the Uncharted collection which seems like a lock at this point to be announced there. I'm guessing as far as big new announcements from first party devs, I think they will at least show a trailer for that new IP from Guerrilla Games. Supposedly an rpg with robo-dinos (called Horizon there is leaked concept art out if you guys haven't seen it). I think third-person? I don't think we will see anything on God of War 4 until PSX this year. The only other unannounced big first party Sony game that seems like it could be ready to be shown is Media Molecule's.

Also I think Nintendo said that Zelda won't be at E3. They could always change their mind though. I also heard that Mirror's Edge will be on the show floor, so we should be getting a good idea of what it is like.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Thu May 28, 2015 12:22 am

My wishlist for E3

Zelda Wii U
Final Fantasy XV
Star Ocean 5
Tales of Zestiria
Persona 5
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu May 28, 2015 12:26 am

Didn't square already say that FFXV isn't happening at E3 (again)?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Thu May 28, 2015 12:35 am

You all might roll your eyes on this but I'm looking forward to seeing more on Rock Band 4. I want to see what the pricing tiers will be and what gameplay and modes they have included. Definitely excited for another go with plastic instruments!

I think this E3 has to be the year that all the devs need to show us their heavy hitters. I'm ready for some new games. This gen has been way too many HD remasters and sequels of series that didn't take that much of a leap forward from the previous generation. The only acceptable HD collections I will tolerate are FFXII and Timesplitters... I'm ready for all the greatness!
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu May 28, 2015 4:29 am

I'm excited for Rock Band 4. More just playing it than finding out about modes and stuff, but I will definitely be keeping an eye out for details so I know what I'm in for. I miss playing Rock Band.

I really have no idea what to expect from Nintendo. The other two I have a good feel for. Even some of the big things to expect from third-parties (like Fallout 4), but Nintendo... I really don't know. I mean more on stuff we know about, but as far as new stuff I can't really begin to guess.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri May 29, 2015 2:19 am

I'm expecting Sony or Microsoft to announce Kojima's joined them with his own studio. More likely Sony, but I wouldn't doubt MS. I just really see them doing everything possible to get him and booster their first party games.

I'm excited for Star Fox Wii U and hopefully Fallout 4. Would like to see more on Mirror's Edge 2 as well. Hoping Nintendo shows off a new Metroid as well.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:00 am

Anyone have a guess for who will have the best conference?
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:00 pm

I feel it'll be Nintendo because they're better at keeping secrets than the others. I know there will be a few surprise announcements with them while Sony and MS will give one, two if we're lucky
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:02 pm

You might be right. I think they'd need a big game like Metroid to really "win" so to speak. I guess Paper Mario and Animal Crossing for Wii U seem like a possibility to go along side stuff like Star Fox. I'd love another Mario Kart DLC too.

I think Sony will have trouble with not having much exclusive for this holiday. Any new reveals they make will likely be a ways out. And then because of that we might see them focusing a bit too much on third parties. I never mentioned it before, but I guess Gravity Rush 2 for PS4 could be a good possibility for a sort of new reveal even though it was teased before.

Microsoft seems in good shape. A few big holiday exclusives to show. Some games like Crackdown and Scalebound that were only teased before so if they showed them off they'd still come off new. And there seem to be a lot of hints at a game from Rare people like us will care about.

EA's might lose a little oomph after introducing some of those games last year in prototype form, but if those are ready to actually show they could have a lot of good stuff. I'd like to see that Visceral Star Wars game, but that probably won't happen until after Battlefront?

Ubisoft seems to do that one big new game at the end of their conference every year. Not sure what it could be this year. I think them announcing Watch Dogs 2 is likely, but that doesn't seem like it would gather much enthusiasm.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:11 am

I have the best hopes for Nintendo. I hope they'll surprise us with Zelda Wii U after all, but Nintendo usually comes out with good stuff. I'd like to see more Xenoblade Chronicles X. One small hope I have is Nintendo announcing a localization of Dragon Quest VIII for 3DS.

With Sony, I'd be down with Gravity Rush 2 on PS4. My big hope from Sony would be an RPG from Japan Studio and maybe a collaborator like Level-5. A new Metroid? A Wii U Fire Emblem? Something else?

Since FFXV is going to be a no-show, my big third party choices are Fallout 4 and Persona 5. I'd like to see Namco surprise me with the reveal of a PS4 version of Tales of Zestiria, but I know that's pretty unlikely. If Square Enix announced FFXII HD, though, that would bob right up to the top of my list. FFXII ranks right behind FFVII on my list of favorite Final Fantasy games.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:00 am

I'm hoping that Final Fantasy VII HD is mentioned it is available to download right now, kind of like they did when they finally released Final Fantasy VII on the PS Store as a PS One classic. It said Spring 2015 and that time has almost passed.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:14 am

Level-5 is supposed to be unveiling a new RPG on PS4 at E3. I will have to dig up the news on this. All I remember reading is that it was large in scope or something. Which probably doesn't say much because that seems to describe a lot of their RPGs? I don't know because I really don't follow them.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:20 am

Based on what I've seen Level 5 is kind of all over the place with their scope. They'll do giant RPGS but smaller ones as well. Interested to see it if it's true. Hopefully it's something with better combat than Ni No Kuni
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:00 am

A big Level 5 RPG and some good english Persona 5 footage would be a big win for Sony's conference. Those are definite system sellers

I'd love to see a new Metroid, too. A game like that is just what the Wii-U needs if you ask me
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:51 am

Okay I looked it up. The head guy (I guess) at Level-5 said they'd unveil a new RPG for PS4 at E3. But they said so last November. So I guess plans can change. So can't say for sure. Anyway here is the specific news bit I was thinking of:

Level-5 will announce a new PlayStation 4 title at E3 2015, company boss Akihiro Hino confirmed during a White Knight Chronicles II live stream this morning.

The Level-5-developed PlayStation 3 title was being live streamed as the game is free for PlayStation Plus subscribers in Japan this month. Akihiro Hino appeared on the broadcast as a guest.

During the program, Hino said that that he’d like to make an epic game that exceeds the scale of White Knight Chronicles.

Via here. I guess that last bit is where I got the scope thing from.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:13 pm

I hope Namco shows off Tales of Berseria for PS4. (Hopefully it will get a US localization).

Xseed has gotten my attention with Trails of Cold Steel. Senran Kagura for PS4 is also in the pipeline for the US from Xseed. Does Xseed have a E3 booth?

A PS4 RPG from Level-5... man, oh, man, that would be a megaton in my book.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:42 pm

I'd like for Sony to show more of Cosmic Star Heroine, which is a 16-bit style RPG from Zeboyd Games (makers of Breath of Death VII and Cthulu Saves the World) coming to PS4.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:15 pm

TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:51 am

Looks like there will be a trailer for the Ratchet game tomorrow. That should be pretty good.

Honestly been reading a lot of good buzz for this E3. I feel like there is already a ton of announced stuff that will be exciting to see more of. If people deliver some surprises too, this could be really something.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:34 am

Looks pretty cool, and I recognized a lot of stuff from the actual first game. Can't wait for it to come out.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:55 pm

Yeah looks great. The graphics are awesome and I really like the Pixelizer gun that was in the footage. I still worry this ends up as a reboot for the game series' story. I'd hate to throw away all the series history.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:09 pm

You know I'm just not excited about the VR stuff. Seems like that could take up a big chunk of Sony's conference.

Edit: Apparently no Scalebound, Crackdown or Quantum Break at E3. That last one is old news I think, but I was really hoping to see Scalebound.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:03 pm

No Scalebound? I was hoping that could get a 2015 release. Oh well
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:19 am

TripOpt55 wrote:Yeah looks great. The graphics are awesome and I really like the Pixelizer gun that was in the footage. I still worry this ends up as a reboot for the game series' story. I'd hate to throw away all the series history.

This is probably the first game I'll buy for PS4. I'd also like to see them continue the series timeline. The story always makes it seem as if someday they will go and find all of the other Lombaxes. I initially thought that this is what the movie would be about.
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:35 pm

A couple of questions leading up to the show:

What do you think Rare's new game is? Apparently not anything like Kinect Sports/Avatar stuff they have been doing.

Any idea what Ubisoft will end with? The last three years they have announced Watch Dogs, The Division and Rainbow Six, so assuming they do that again, what might it be? New IP or sequel to something familiar?

If anyone has some other questions to pose, please throw them out there.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:34 pm

Looks like that new Platinum game is a Transformers game.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next