The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top 5 Video Game Related Presents/Treasures

+10
TripOpt55
Nephilimi
pspiddy
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
avidacridjam
Captain N
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
BretBaber
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Top 5 Video Game Related Presents/Treasures - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 5 Video Game Related Presents/Treasures

Post by chocobot Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:22 am

1) Xbox- while the Xbox wasn't exactly one of my favorite systems the way I got it was just so cool and I've never been so surprised in my life. It wasn't a holiday or my birthday or anything, just a regular day. But I came home from school and there was an Xbox all set up in my room, ready to play with Knights of the Old Republic! I'll never forget how excited I was that day.

2) Nintendo 64- For Christmas that year I specifically asked for a Sega Genesis so I could play Sonic the Hedgehog since that's what I played at my friends house. My dad failed horribly and got me a N64 instead. I remember complaining to him over the phone that there was no Sonic on Nintendo and he tried so hard to explain it was newer and better. I quickly got over it because Mario 64 was so awesome and over the years I grew up playing Zelda, Star Fox, and that really fun Star Wars pod racing game all the time.

3) Dreamcast and Sonic Adventure- It was my last present from my dad before he left/disappeared. By the time it was my birthday he had already been gone for a few months, but he left the Dreamcast with a family friend and they waited until my birthday party to give it to me. I finally got my Sonic game... but the circumstances were bittersweet to say the least.

4) Nintendo Wii and Twilight Princess- basically, I just really appreciate that I got this for Christmas the year it released. My step-dad is a little obsessed with Christmas and really goes out of his way to make sure I get what I want. He loves to tell the story about how he stood in line and almost got in a fight over getting the Wii.. Razz

5) My Gameboy Color and Pokemon Blue I guess. All I ever played on my Gameboy was Pokemon and crappy games based on Disney movies but it was so worth it for Pokemon. I was also really surprised and happy to get it for Christmas that year. My mom and my step-dad just got married and we didn't have a lot of money yet and lived in a small apartment. So it was neato and stuff.

Edit: this was a great topic, everyone shared some really cool memories!
chocobot
chocobot
Will Eat Lizard Tails to Improve Stamina

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Video Game Related Presents/Treasures - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 5 Video Game Related Presents/Treasures

Post by Captain N Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:12 pm

I'll try as hard as I can with this and I wont put numbers on this because that's hard for me to do and this is going to get long so go make yourself a sandwich before you read my post:

Gameboy and Pokemon Blue: I think I've said this before but it was at the time Pokemon was like the most popular thing on Earth. I was into the cartoon, the toys, and the cards. It was basically, eat, sleep, and breathe Pokemon for me. I found out there were Pokemon games and I wanted one of them but I needed a Gameboy. I told my parents if I can get a Gameboy and a Pokemon game and they said if my grades were good, I'd get one for christmas. I actually ended up getting a Yellow Gameboy Color and a copy of Pokemon Blue. Best XMas for a kid at the time.

GameGear: I actually had one of these before I had a Gameboy but I never asked for one. One day when I came from school, my dad had a gift for me, it was a GameGear, it was inside this case/backpack thing, it came with the wall recharger or whatever and it came with 5 Game Gear games. One of them was the GG version of Sonic the Hedgehog, Tetris, some sidescrolling game that you had to shoot aliens, some platformer with some anime character in it, I think it was a Sailor Moon game, if there were any games based on the anime, and some Castlevania like game. All I remember was fighting some werewolf thing with this guy with a sword. It was pretty cool, though I never knew what happened to it.

N64 with Super Mario 64 and Cruisn' USA: My folks took me to Toys R Us once and told me to pick out a console to get for xmas. I remember playing on a Genesis and had a Jurassic Park game, and I played on an SNES and played SMW. I wanted the SNES. I got an N64 instead, they said TRU had ran out of Super Nintendo's and they said I almost got a Playstation instead. But they asked to see which of them had Mario and so here we are. I almost had a Playstation, Imagine how I would of turned out lol I'm glad I got an N64, otherwise I never would have played Super Mario 64. Plus my dad played Cruisn' with me and my dad is not one to play video games so I guess that's why I like the N64 more than the PS. Plus I can get pretty much any game I missed on the PS via PSN whereas Ninty doesn't have all the games I had on Virtual Console.

Gamecube with Super Mario Sunshine and SSBM: My N64 still had life in it left, I was actually still buying games for it till I read a Nintendo Power magazine and they had a preview of Super Mario Sunshine and I thought to myself that I wanted a Gamecube. I asked my folks if I could get one for xmas with a copy of Sunshine and they said they weren't sure because the N64 still worked fine and they always bring the argument of what am I going to do with all the games I already had and if the new system can play them.

I promised that I would get good grades, and they said I better because I was in a private school during my middle school years. I tried my hardest and I got my Gamecube, a copy of Super Mario Sunshine, and a copy of Melee. My friends would always mock me because I had a Gamecube over a Playstation 2 and an XBox, I was basically the only one with a GCN at school, I think because of that is why the other 2 never interested me and why I kinda hated them at the time. They said that joke of a system didn't have any good games. I shut them up with Windwaker and F-Zero GX.

F-Zero GX and Optimus Prime: It was 2003 and I actually got into Transformers the year before. I loved Armada, it wasn't everyones cup of tea but I enjoyed it. I also learned that F-Zero GX was coming out and I wanted that for xmas, only that, and an Optimus Prime. I got em both, heck I told my friends about GX and even got Gamecubes just to play that and any game they missed out on. I loved my Optimus Prime as well, the box was pretty big. I don't have it anymore but I'm still searching the web to find one at a good price, or atleast get a G1 Optimus from the remasters series.

Twilight Princess on the Gamecube: It was around the time the Wii was gonna launch, I didn't in the slightest give a damn about the Wii, all I wanted was the game I waited 3-4 years for and nothing was gonna stop me from getting it. My dad said that he saw some new console from Nintendo called the Wii at the store and if I wanted it. I said no, all I wanted was Zelda for xmas. I should have said yes on that offer because after I indeed got Zelda and finished the game, my GCN finally gave in. I was really sad and shed a tear because my Gamecube was my most favorite system and never had a system die on me.

Wii and Super Mario Galaxy: I told my folks if I could get a Wii the following year, they said that I didn't want one, but I said I want one for xmas and told them that all my GCN games work on it. They said they will if they could find one. I really wanted it for Super Mario Galaxy and I went and pre-ordered it even though I may not get that white system. I got a cool coin and 3D Mario gift card too. Got a Wii for xmas and SMG was the reason to own a Wii at the time.

Wii U and Optimus Prime: All I wanted last year was a Wii U and a copy of Mario. I ended up getting more than I wanted, I got 3 games, I'd say 4 but Nintendoland already came with the Wii U. I even got an Optimus Prime fig for xmas for the first time since 2003. That brought a grin and a tear to my eye. It may not been the one I had but I had an Optimus Prime and that's all I cared for. Still haven't opened it though.

GBA SP, DS, and 3DS: These were the first time I had actually bought a system with my own money. I was so happy. I had bought a GBA SP just for Pokemon. I had to borrow my bro's GBA to play Ruby on it and I got an SP, a red one all on my own. I didn't get many GBA games till later on, I basically got one for Pokemon.

The DS as well, I still loved my GBA and then read that Pokemon Diamond and Pearl were a thing and they were coming to the DS. I saved up enough money to get a DS Lite. I got a black one because Nintendo didn't have a red one. I will always buy Nintendo's handhelds as long as Pokemon is there, it has been that way since the GB, and it isn't changing now.

I got a 3DS at launch with my own money and got it because I always knew there would be a 3DS Pokemon game on it. I still had hope there would be one and I was right. I don't have many games for the 3DS yet, but I have most, if not all the important ones. Pokemon X&Y, along with WW HD will be my top priority this year.
Captain N
Captain N
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:10 am

@chocobot - Good stories, happy and sad at the same time. Glad you got your Sonic! Also, is that a Yuffie avatar?

@captain n - you got a nice avatar again, Space Ghost approves!
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Krubixcube Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:55 am

That is really stupidly nice of you. If I had the disposable income I would like to do that...I love random acts of kindness...LOVE 'EM!

These are all really nice stories, mine feel significantly less heartfelt by comparison.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:39 am

If he was a member of the club, I'm sure your gift pspiddy would be #1. I'd be so sad if I lost my stuff, hope he's coping.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:01 am

I can't even imagine losing everything, even with insurance you can't just replace your livelihood just like that. What a shit thing to happen, and what a great thing to have a friend like you =)
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:07 am

Almost forgot about this

Top 5 Video Game Related Presents/Treasures - Page 2 JtmnM8F

Top 5 Video Game Related Presents/Treasures - Page 2 A4ljbji

I bought this for $10 off Jessica Nigiri's site, and yeah i asked her to sign it like that XD
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Methane_Max Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:22 am

@Chocobot - Holy shit. Bittersweet indeed.

Most of my stories revolve around my birthday or Christmas. Growing up those were the only two times of the year that I could/would get anything gaming related. Most of the systems I've owned have come from either of those two days. I've been very fortunate in that regard.
Methane_Max
Methane_Max
Sand Thrower

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:45 pm

Yes my avatar is currently Yuffie. Because she is cute and awesome.

And uh thanks for reading my stories. I was really hesitant about sharing some of that. But sometimes its good to let that stuff out instead of just burying it in the very back of my mind forever Razz
chocobot
chocobot

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:52 pm

I was going to give you some grief for that line about how badly your father failed by getting you a 64 and how you called him on the phone to complain, but then I kept reading and felt like a bit of an ass for thinking that at all. Your step-dad sounds like a good guy. I like the Wii story with him.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:27 pm

BretBaber wrote:@chocobot - Good stories, happy and sad at the same time. Glad you got your Sonic! Also, is that a Yuffie avatar?

@captain n - you got a nice avatar again, Space Ghost approves!

Thanks Bret, I love Batman TAS so much. Man the 90's had some really awesome cartoons, Batman, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Cartoon Planet, The Tick, Freakazoid, man I could go on. And Space Ghost and Bat's are partners, the Brave and the Bold had an episode were they teamed up, they had all the old sound effects from the older pace Ghost cartoon and everything. That was pretty awesome, heck they even got the guy who voiced SG in Coast to Coast to voice Space Ghost.

@Kay That's actually pretty cool, I like how she signed it lol
Captain N
Captain N
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:46 am

TripOpt55 wrote:I was going to give you some grief for that line about how badly your father failed by getting you a 64 and how you called him on the phone to complain, but then I kept reading and felt like a bit of an ass for thinking that at all. Your step-dad sounds like a good guy. I like the Wii story with him.
Haha, don't feel like an ass. I just really felt like he failed at the time because I was like 5 and knew nothing at all about video games, I just really wanted Sonic. I don't think I had even heard of a Nintendo 64 before. I was just being bratty when I complained, but then I saw the graphics in Super Mario 64 and was blown away. Good times.

And yeah, I have a pretty good relationship with my step-dad. He just never approves of any of my boyfriends and chases them all away. It's pretty fucking awful. But that's way off topic.. Oh and he looks exactly like Hagel from the Atelier series:
Top 5 Video Game Related Presents/Treasures - Page 2 Image-14
Seriously, I am cracking up now because of how much they look alike.
chocobot
chocobot

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:41 am

Post a pic of him now, and see if you can tempt him into the same pose.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2