Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The Games You Played in November 2017
by BretBaber Yesterday at 10:19 am

» Now Playing
by TripOpt55 Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:10 pm

» Wanna Play Some Old School PS1 Role Playing Games?
by Krubixcube Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:17 pm

» Gaming Chat Thread
by Krubixcube Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:46 pm

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Game of Thrones TV Show Discussion

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Game of Thrones TV Show Discussion

Post by TripOpt55 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:57 am

avidacridjam wrote:To me, calling it an even match doesn't mean that I think Brienne would win. I just don't think it'd be as quick a takedown for Jaime as one would think.
Yeah you are definitely right. It'd be an good fight for sure. I kind of went overboard... haha.

I think now that they have introduced all the storylines for the season, this next episode things are going to really heat up.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilimi on Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:36 am

How different is it from the book right now?

Nephilimi
Currently Looking Through Their Ascot Closet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:51 am

Nephilimi wrote:How different is it from the book right now?
In regards to what? Just in general?
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:13 am

Chance to win a some stuff including a map of Westeros and some map markers plus other stuff at this link. Not available in Canada I'm guessing. Says US.

http://store.hbo.com/register.php?sweepstakes=HBOGOTSWEEPSTAKES20130401&ecid=SMM-HBO-00862&pa=SMM-HBO-00862
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilimi on Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:29 am

TripOpt55 wrote:
Nephilimi wrote:How different is it from the book right now?
In regards to what? Just in general?

Not in terms of details but like in terms of actual plot. And not just like having a character do double duty in the show as to not introduce another character.

Nephilimi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:04 am

Yeah it is really close in that regard. A lot has to be condensed obviously and like you said they will leave characters out or combine a couple into one role, the stuff they had no choice but to do given the medium, but the general plot is followed pretty closely. They'll shift stuff forward a bit or back. Especially with people in different spots it can be done pretty easily. For instance the two kids with Bran now (the Reeds) were around much earlier in the books.

I think the biggest actual changes I noticed were to Arya's and the end with Jon's in S2, but even they weren't huge changes. Arya had a couple scenes/moments I think they should have included (her escape from Harrenhal is fairly different), but otherwise I think they have done a great job. And both characters ended up in the same place. This book is being spread across 2 seasons, so it will probably work out even better this time I think. And right now everything is pretty much the same as far as I can think of.

One cool thing I think the show gives you is some focus on characters that the book doesn't get to as much. Book chapters are from certain characters' perspectives, so some characters are only seen through the lens of another character and their chapters. Like in Book 2, Robb is seen through Cat's chapters for instance. Otherwise you just sort of heard about Robb doing stuff in that book if that makes sense. You get to see him a lot more in Season 2 for yourself I feel like.

Also these Theon scenes aren't in the book. So I don't know exactly what is going to happen with those... haha. Hopefully all this isn't saying too much. I like talking about it.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:52 am

I'm pretty sure the Theon scenes are in Book 4. I've mentioned this before but some of the events in A Feast For Crows (B4) occur during the events of Storm of Swords. I don't envy the writers in the challenge of what to include or what not to include for the next 4 seasons (at least). These books were dense from the beginning but they get bigger and more complex.

avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:06 am

Oh that makes sense. I'm working on A Feast for Crows now, so I probably just haven't gotten to them yet.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilimi on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:30 am

So there's probably no hope that
Spoiler:
Rob won't die then eh
Something that big hasn't changed yet right.

Nephilimi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:01 pm

Just for people who have read the book - which may just be me and Trip unless I'm forgetting someone - I'm betting that this season ends with
Spoiler:
The Red Wedding
. People will lose their fucking minds.

avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:10 pm

Nephilimi wrote:So there's probably no hope that
Spoiler:
Rob won't die then eh
Something that big hasn't changed yet right.
Wait you read ahead on Wikipedia right Neph? No nothing that big has changed so far. So I doubt they would change that. Also that is a pretty big spoiler, so TV watchers make sure not to click that.

avidacridjam wrote:Just for people who have read the book - which may just be me and Trip unless I'm forgetting someone - I'm betting that this season ends with
Spoiler:
The Red Wedding
. People will lose their fucking minds.
Yeah that is my guess too though (A Storm of Swords spoiler/End of Season 3 speculation)
Spoiler:
The show typically does the big crazy events in episode 9 (Ned dying in season 1 and the Battle of Blackwater in Season 2) so my guess is The Red Wedding will be this season's Episode 9. But them being Ep 9 made sense given the first two books and where those events occurred. They'd be moving up The Red Wedding a bit to get it to Ep 9, so that might be too soon, so maybe the finale. Definitely in this season though. It's clearly the biggest event around the midpoint of A Storm of Swords so it must be in this season. My mouth was just gaping open as I read the end of that chapter. Agreed though people will go nuts. I did when reading it.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:33 am

That ending. Looking forward to seeing people's reactions to that.

I really loved Arya's goodbye scene with Hotpie. The wolf bread was great.

Definitely enjoyed the bits with Theon better this week.

Also the female cast on this show is so good-looking. Missandei just adds to the hotness factor.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:13 pm

I'm glad Jamie got Luked.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilimi on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:35 am

Ho man I loved the ending. Didn't see that coming at all. Super awesome. The only thing that would have made the episode better is if Theon had been fucked into the dirt.

But what the heck was with the stupid music during the credits. My wife and I both laughed because it was so ridiculous and out of place.

Nephilimi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:35 pm

Haha... I thought I hated Theon, but Neph's hate for him is certainly on a whole other level.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilimi on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:12 pm

I have to admit that was the most excited I've ever been to watch two men engaging in anal sex.

Nephilimi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:47 pm

Great episode. The bit with the meeting between Twyin, Cersei, Tyrion and their advisers was hilarious. I wonder how many takes it took for Charles Dance to keep from cracking up because that would've been my problem. Good to see Varys again.

The Stannis subplot continues to be the weakest thing in the season. The only person I really care about is Davos and we didn't see him.

Concerning the Theon subplot, I still don't know who it was that captured him. The only thing that bothered me about an otherwise good sequence, aside from the attempted gang rape. Eww.

Trip, correct me if I'm wrong but the person who cuts off Jaime's hand is a different person in the book. But, man, this is the game-changer for Jaime from here on out. He's a dick but he did save Brienne from being raped and/or beaten to death.

Also, what the hell did Podrick do with those whores?

avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:35 pm

Yeah a different person did cut off Jaime's hand in the book, but I don't think that change will be too much of an issue. I thought the TV version of the cutting his hand off scene was well done. I agree on the Stannis plot. His scene this week was particularly forgettable.

Also The Tyrion stuff was really funny. Even just him dragging his chair around... haha.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:15 am

Haha, when we watched the Wire here we all thought the goodbye with Hot Pie was the worst part of the episode. I just don't give a shit about the fat fuck haha.

That said, that was a GREAT episode. Had some moments of real humor and the ending took me completely off guard. Loved it.

Also, ARROW HEADSHOT! YES!

Steam: Krubixcube         3DS Friend Code: 1950-9553-1102         PSN:KrubixCube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:44 am

Neph I agree on that song, I just looked at my girlfriend and said something like "Are we at an Irish Pub?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:18 am

yeah, we thought it was coming from somewhere else. Very out of place, indeed.

Steam: Krubixcube         3DS Friend Code: 1950-9553-1102         PSN:KrubixCube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:43 pm

That Daenerys scene is maybe my favorite in the books I've read so far and it was everything I wanted it to be in the show. They totally nailed that scene. And the music at the end. Man that was amazing. I couldn't be happier with how they handled that. Wow.

I also liked the (re)intro of Beric. I hope they do a good job with the looming trial by combat. And the madness at Craster's Keep was cool too. Plus lots of less action-y fun in the first half of the episode. What an episode!

Last edited by TripOpt55 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:41 am

So awesome. And to think, that tower used to piss me off when I was in class and it would ring every 15 god damn minutes!!!

Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nephilimi on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:56 pm

What a great episode. I still have no clue what's happening to Theon but it was kind of a moving scene.

I loved that they finally railed that creepy goof and the way the whole scene played out. I kept asking out loud why they just didn't jump that arrogant, disgusting monster and take all his stuff. It was nice to see him get hammered so easy. But the poor watch commander... no one is safe in this show

The episode was so good but I let out a huge groan when it came back to Daenerys at the end. We almost got through a whole episode without her nonsense. I know you love her trip but her character and her storyline are the worst part of the show for me. But even her scene was really cool... well except for the very end.

What a load of horseshit! It actually makes me angry. You have these slave soldiers, tortured their entire lives, balls and penis cut off, murdering a baby, nipple cut off without flinching, etc, etc... and you're actually going to give them the choice to join you or not?!! What kind of fucking question is that? So now she can presumably have a clear conscience using slave soldiers that literally know nothing other than being slave soldiers. The ethics are so fucked up my head hurts.

Nephilimi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:28 pm

Whaaaat Neph? You don't like Daenerys' storyline? I see what you're talking about, though. I liked that she sort of gave them a choice... but it seems to me that if they weren't just slaves anymore, they'd have shown a few soldiers leaving. Do they make this clear in the books?

It was an awesome episode. Though Bran's scene was obviously just filler and it should've been left out
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:00 am

Agreed with Neph about Theon. I really liked how he just kind of broke, mentally, had that identity crisis.

Was REALLY shocked by that Night's Watch...well, ending. There's no one to warn anyone now!!!!

Also...fucking Danny...fucking...EPIC HOLY SHIT! I get why logically people would fault it, but I still liked it on an emotional level.

Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:35 am

No one's mentioned Vary's scene. For a character we haven't seen much of this season so far, he sure came back strong, with a monologue and resolution that summed up his character and a recurring theme for the series.

I feel bad about Mormont and I really wanted him to kill the coward that stabbed him in the back. There's one minor prick that I hope dies violently pretty soon.

I loved Dany's scene like everyone else. She's my favorite character so I'm glad she gets great moments like this.

RE: Dany giving the choice to the Unsullied to follow her or not. She's not clearing her conscience or acting morally superior. She's making a calculated risk that giving the soldiers a choice will make them more loyal to her. And it paid off. She knows exactly what she's doing.

avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:21 am

OH YEAH. I've always loved him though...but that scene was awesome too.

Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toomanywires on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:28 pm

Another great episode, though I found the Daenerys closing scene a bit underwhelming. I haven't watched it a second time, but on first viewing it felt rushed and a bit timid/tame in comparison to the events elsewhere.

The sorcerer-in-a-box conversation between Tyrion and Varys was great and I'm looking forward to the Hound vs Dondarion showdown!

Depsite knowing most of what's to come - I'm part way through A Dance with Dragons Book 1 - it's been a long time since I've been this excited for a TV show.
Toomanywires
Sand Thrower

View user profile http://www.toomanywires.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:04 pm

I am so excited for that Hound-Beric fight!
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top