October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by Krubixcube on Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:18 am

Kayshire Cat wrote:I played through 2 once on every difficulty (though i still haven't beaten the final boss on crushing he just got really annoying) I just don't see 3 being that good that I'll want to do that.

Pretty much this actually.

Steam: Krubixcube         3DS Friend Code: 1950-9553-1102         PSN:KrubixCube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:19 pm

Captain N wrote:And UC1's crushing, fuck that. If you plan on getting the platinum, well you're going to be for frustration. I only kept going because I already started the run.

Am I the only one who thinks UC1's crushing was awesome? I had to change up my strategy on the fly all the time in that one. One time I ran out of ammo, so I aimed at a guy to make him jump around so he wouldn't kill me as I closed in. At the time I thought it was pretty cool that the game let me do that. It had moments where it was just plain unfair, but it added so much more replay value for me than crushing in 2
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:52 pm

Picked up X-Com again. I still love it but I think I literally may be the shittest at its base management ever. I feel retarded.

Steam: Krubixcube         3DS Friend Code: 1950-9553-1102         PSN:KrubixCube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith_Games on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:07 pm

avidacridjam wrote:I'll be on Xbox Live for a couple more hours and then I'll call it a night.

I ended up passing out before midnight. No worries. We can just officially set it up in the game night thread probably. Thanks though
Keith_Games
Sand Thrower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:09 pm

I sent you a friend request through XBL. I think we'll be better coordinated next time.

avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:46 pm

ajapam wrote:
Captain N wrote:And UC1's crushing, fuck that. If you plan on getting the platinum, well you're going to be for frustration. I only kept going because I already started the run.

Am I the only one who thinks UC1's crushing was awesome? I had to change up my strategy on the fly all the time in that one. One time I ran out of ammo, so I aimed at a guy to make him jump around so he wouldn't kill me as I closed in. At the time I thought it was pretty cool that the game let me do that. It had moments where it was just plain unfair, but it added so much more replay value for me than crushing in 2

That's the thing I had a problem with, it felt unfair at some times, and sometimes enemies would gang up on you too much. I had to Rambo my way through some areas, though I agree about changing your strategy.
Captain N
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:00 pm

I loved Uncharted 1's Crushing. All the Crushing modes since have been a disappoIntment after that.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:01 pm

I never liked Crushing in any UC game I played it on. Upping the difficulty always felt like I just had to rely more on remembering which order to kill enemies before one of them could flank me.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:53 pm

I felt the same way pretty much. There were more ways to beat certain parts on normal and less on hard, and like ONLY one on Crushing

Angels in anyone A permanent solution to a temporary problem
Before I'd lay me down to rest I'd throw away everything to live~

Steam
Risette 3DS 3024 6121 9950 Nin. ID GoddessOfTheSeal Pixlbit http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

View user profile http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:59 pm

I still think normal/hard is more fun because melee and running and gunning is a bigger option and I prefer more options, but I like the added difficulty and the way Crushing made your shots count and didn't allow you to screw around. It made you play different which I liked. I can only think of a couple of fights where I had to remember enemy placements though... in 1/2 at least. Though I played Normal, Hard, then Crushing so maybe I knew some of them anyway. Of course, 3's encounter design kind of sucked, so that was a whole different deal, but that wasn't based on what difficulty you played. That's because they'd just spawn enemies behind you and not let you know. It had the easiest Crushing difficulty even with broken aiming, but the encounter design on any difficulty in that game was kind of fucked. I think where Crushing does falter are in certain more narrow battles, you pretty much had to squat behind one cover spot and didn't have good options to move. Then it was kind of messy.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:49 am

3 had those horrible guys though with red eyes. They were absolute bitches to kill.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:42 pm

Trying to get back into my Halo 4 routine where I play enough MP daily to level up and unlock weapons and items. I dinged 47 a half and hour ago. Loved that one match where it paired me and a doofus against a team with two 130 level players. It turned out exactly as tragic as I thought it would be.

avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bannen on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:27 am

TripOpt55 wrote:I loved Uncharted 1's Crushing. All the Crushing modes since have been a disappoIntment after that.
So, they were a.....crushing....disappointment!?

Hahahahahahaha.
*cough*
Bannen
Asks for the "Guile" at the Barbershop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:45 am

I started playing Vanquish. For some reason I didn't like the demo when I played it ages ago, but it's not bad. Cover-based shooters have gotten pretty stale and this one's a fun twist.

There's just a limit to how much I can enjoy a game that's as action packed as Vanquish.
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:01 am

Playing Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate. Can't say anything more until tomorrow when the review embargo lifts.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:51 am

Playing 9 People, 9 Hours, 9 Doors. I like the story but the actual puzzle parts are...a bit shit. Because the environments are super hi-resolution so it's REALLY easy to miss a certain rod or some really out of the way door. Lately I got pissed because I looked at a guide and I STILL couldn't fucking find it.

Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber on Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:54 am

These are the games I'm playing to try and beat for the first time...

Sly Cooper 4 - I enjoy it, but like I've said before it isn't my favorite Sly game.
Dragon Quest V - I want to finish this game because I've put 25 hours into it. Stopped playing it for some reason (probably the Vita), and I want to beat that before I continue on with Persona 4. It is a bad idea to be playing more than one RPG at a time.
Journey - Bought that on the store while it was on sale. From what I hear it isn't that long, so hopefully a few plays will get me through it. Can anyone give me a rough estimate on how long it will take to beat?

Last edited by BretBaber on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
BretBaber
Unassuming Local Guy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:24 am

Journey isn't much longer than 2 hours if you take your time.

Hey Timberwolf/cube how do you get that thing in your signature? I started using Backloggery not too long ago to keep track of my new games. I tried googling it before realizing that I completely forgot what those are called
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:52 am

Good to hear. Thanks! Journey will be commencing after I some toast.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:33 pm

Started on Uncharted 3's campaign this morning. Good so far. It's as good looking as the previous installment, that's for sure.

I also put the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection on my Vita. I figure going through those VR missions on the go will be kickass.

I purchased Killzone 2 & 3 and MGS 4 last Saturday so I have those to look forward to. I need to stop buying games now.

avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:21 pm

Krubixcube wrote:Playing 9 People, 9 Hours, 9 Doors. I like the story but the actual puzzle parts are...a bit shit. Because the environments are super hi-resolution so it's REALLY easy to miss a certain rod or some really out of the way door. Lately I got pissed because I looked at a guide and I STILL couldn't fucking find it.

Yeah, that seems to be the only problem with it. You have to tap on everywhere in the enviroment to find something. But the story, the story is really good. I love the characters and learning about them, their agenda, and stuff. I like how depending on your actions, the story changes.
Captain N

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:22 pm

I need to stop buying new games too, I'm ridiculously low on memory on my PS3, Injustice will be the last game I buy till I get a bigger HDD.
Captain N

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:55 am

I played and finished Journey. An amazing game. I remember a lot of people complaining about it on here, but not really sure as to why. Yeah, you don't really do much, but that didn't stop me from continuing forward. Great game, and I look forward to replaying it.

This game always appealed to me visually. It reminded me a lot of Samurai Jack, before he got sent to the future. When I think of Journey, I always think of the Cartoon Network classic.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:00 am

And I'll continue to complain about it. It's two hours. You hardly do anything. It looks pretty and has an interesting online implementation. That's about it. I can't understand how people find it amazing (you are welcome to explain). I think it is alright, but amazing? No not at all. It's better than Flower though. And the sliding level is pretty sweet. I'll give it that.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:06 am

There's only one Journey that's amazing and it's this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rfUYuIVbFg0

Angels in anyone A permanent solution to a temporary problem
Before I'd lay me down to rest I'd throw away everything to live~

Steam
Risette 3DS 3024 6121 9950 Nin. ID GoddessOfTheSeal Pixlbit http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

View user profile http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:39 am

ajapam wrote:Journey isn't much longer than 2 hours if you take your time.

Hey Timberwolf/cube how do you get that thing in your signature? I started using Backloggery not too long ago to keep track of my new games. I tried googling it before realizing that I completely forgot what those are called

Silly thing, it's actually in the options. If you go into your backloggery, hit options it's below all of the actual options. Just gives you the code to paste painlessly into your forum sig.

Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:05 am

Here's one reason for me personally Trip:

Snow. Amazing snow. I love snow in video games, and this one done perfectly.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:51 am

I've also decided I need to start playing all of those free games I get with Playstation Plus. Started playing Rock of Ages and Trine 2. Trine 2 is a pretty gorgeous looking game.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:37 pm

That snow bit was awful. Worst part of the game for sure. I think of maybe giving the game a second chance, then I remember my character stumbling through the snow and lose all motivation.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:51 pm

The snow part was my favorite part. I also felt kind of bad for someone I was walking with, they got spotted by one of those baddies and we got separated in all of the snow. Thought that was rather neat.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top