The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Games You Played August 2017

5 posters

Go down

The Games You Played August 2017 Empty The Games You Played August 2017

Post by volvocrusher Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:22 am

These are always fun, so what you guys play last month?
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

The Games You Played August 2017 Empty Re: The Games You Played August 2017

Post by volvocrusher Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:26 am

Actually played quite a few games last month (was cool they were shorter)

Splatoon 2- Never really got that much into 1, just the single player and a taste of the MP. So this one was a lot fresher to me. Also nice to be able to bring it anywhere, especially since matches are shorter. The concept is just a lot of fun and it's cool that I can still find a way to do well even when I'm off my game in taking out other players. B+
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds- This game feels pretty unpolished and has a fair share of glitches, but god damn is the concept incredible. Basically has you parachute onto an island then turns into The Hunger Games, based around finding weapons, armor, and vehicles to beat 100 other players. Map is huge, but more area gets uninhabitable as you go on forcing confrontation. A lot of fun with friends too B+
Sonic Mania- It's everything I could have ever wanted from a Sonic game A+
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy- My favorite Uncharted since 2. Loved Chloe and Nadine's chemistry, what worked in 4 is still there while what bugged me is either gone or works here. Basically trims the fat so all I get is the stuff I like in Uncharted. A-
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:03 am

Valley: Short indie first-person platformer with a heavy emphasis on momentum that works better than it should. I really enjoyed using the grapple and zooming around some of the more open areas. Wish it would've been tougher though. It has a neat mechanic where you can give and take life from the environment which works like health. Dying also takes life in order to revive you, and if you suck all of the life from the valley and die it's game over.  It's just too easy for that to have any weight, though. B

Persona 5: I think we missed last month so I'm putting it here. I probably don't need to rehash my likes and dislikes. Also, I can't lie, the music was a let-down. Where dem map themes at? B+

Not sure what else I played last month. I jumped into Bloodborne but I'm stuck on the first boss, and tried some Shovel Knight but it didn't grab me.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:06 am

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age: FFXII ranks second only to FFVII on my list of favorite Final Fantasy games, and ranked right up there with Dragon Quest VIII on my list of favorite PS2 games. The PS4 remaster took an already great game and made it even better, not just with graphics, but with tweaks to the gameplay and added content. It's been a long time since I've so completely set aside everything else for one game. I might just make this game my second Platinum trophy ever (my first Platinum, incidentally, was for the PS4 version of FFVII). A++++++++++++
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:04 pm

I feel old because I have such a hard time remembering this kind of stuff.

Final Fantasy XII - My second time playing this one, and I thoroughly enjoyed playing it again. I really rushed through my first run of the game, because I was trying to beat it before XIII came out. Definitely enjoyed it more this time. If it had a better story, this would probably be my third favorite Final Fantasy game. The battle system is my second favorite, just behind Final Fantasy VII. Characters are a bit lame too, besides Fran. A

Uncharted - The Lost Legacy - I love Uncharted, no sense saying anything else about it. Probably my least favorite out of the 4 but still an awesome game from beginning to end. A

Crash Bandicoot - About 2/3 through the game. I enjoy it, but it's also very frustrating. I never played it when it originally came out, so to say I suck balls at it would be an understatement. I sent Matt a lot of texts about how frustrating it is. I need to get back to it. N/A
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:29 pm

I forgot to do this:

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy: I loved this. For the seven hours it lasts, it was probably the most fun I had with a game this year (though not saying it was the best). Really sold me on Chloe and Nadine as the leads going forward if they want to do so. Also has my favorite level of the year (so far) and another of my favorite moments as well. Grade: A-

Splatoon 2: This has everything to be a top tier online shooter except a developer who can competently design the whole online part which is a shame. But the core gameplay/map design/modes/etc. is so good. The single-player wasn't quite as impressive this time around as the first for me though. Grade: B+

Hellblade: This hasn't really stuck with me. The sound design is incredible especially with headphones. I really respect them tackling mental illness in the way they did. The lead actress is great as is the overall presentation. The gameplay is just dull though. I went back to get a collectible I missed for the platinum and it really drove that home. Still glad I played it, but I wish I had waited for a sale in hindsight. Grade: C+
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down