Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

» The E3 2018 Discussion Thread
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:59 pm

November 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by TripOpt55 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:13 am

BretBaber wrote:That’s the thing about RPGs in my opinion, if you’re tired it is game over.  Not even my favorite game in the world can keep me awake if I’m out of it.

How much is GameFly?  Seems like a cool service.

I buy gift certificates so it basically makes it $13 a month for two games out at a time. They are supposedly only for new memberships, but someone tipped me off to that not really being true in practice and I've been using them since my trial ended. The normal membership for one out at a time is actually more expensive and I probably wouldn't stick with it if not for the certs. They also have really good used game sales that come with the original codes and stuff since no one actually ever owned them. And you get further discounts and $5 coupons for used games for having your membership longer.

@KrubixCube: The Witcher 3 expansions are great. I think I prefer Hearts of Stone just because of the main quest in it. It has the most creative quest design in all of The Witcher 3 and while the story isn't as grand as the main one I think it's excellent. I didn't like those aspects in Blood & Wine quite as much, but it has a ton of content and brings with it a whole new region to explore which is really exciting.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher on Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:43 pm

Started up Horizon. Just got to the part where they release Aloy to basically do whatever she wants. It's pretty fun so far. Wasn't sure on the hit the weak point with a bow combat at first, but it's working well enough once I got that upgrade to slow time (though I'm not a fan of using that as a crutch). Like how they make combat feel legitimately like hunting, never really had a game capture the feel like Horizon did. Still suffering a bit from post BOTW syndrome (I want to climb every single thing I see), but not as bad as I thought. Hoping to beat this by the end of the year.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber on Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:46 am

Are you gonna get the DLC too or just tackle the main story?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:59 am

I'd rather see how I like the game and if I want any more before I decide on any DLC.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam on Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:48 pm

I picked up Prey on PC and I'm really loving it so far. I took an unusual route for me and decided to invest my character's strength first, and I actually find myself using it a fair bit to try and find creative solutions. Like instead of fighting through some hallways, climbing up the stairs, and finding a keycard to get through a door, I just stacked a bunch of furniture and climbed onto a balcony past that door.

ajapam
Jill Sandwich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:10 pm

Finished up Cat Quest. Played through Nex Machina once which is really good. I’m excited to try the higher difficulties and improve my score. Also started up Jak II on PS4. Was going to try and wait until next year to play these, but with them all downloaded and staring at me on my PS4 I couldn’t help myself.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber on Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:32 am

Just finished Crash 3.  Without a doubt it's the easiest of the three.  Glad I played them, but I don't hold them as high as others but that's probably because I didn't play them back when they were originally released.  

Got a VR Headset with Gran Truismo when it was on sale for $200.  Initially I wasn't impressed, there was tons of cables and it made my entertainment stand look like a hot mess.  After I finally made some room and got over the excessive amounts of cables that I've now hidden, I'm enjoying it.  The best game I played is just the demo for The Last Guardian, seeing Trico up close and feeling as if I could pet him was pretty awesome.  They definitely need to do something with dinosaurs that makes you feel the same way.  

Another game I have is Rigs.  It's fun, but out of all the games that one almost makes me feel the most motion sick.  Looks really cool though.  

VR Playroom is a lot of fun.  One game that I really liked is the one where someone wears a VR headset, and other players watch the screen and try to direct where the ghosts are, and I have to point my flashlight at them and capture them.  Had a lot of fun with that one.

I was apprehensive on keeping it, but I think I'll have enough fun with it that paying $200 definitely warrants the purchase.  I probably won't be too keen to buy games at full price, but there's some games I've had my eyes on that I'll definitely pick up if they go on sale.  I'm really hoping Insomniac, Naughty Dog, or Media Molecule do a game, bet they'd do some cool stuff.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm an idiot. I meant The Last Guardian and not The Last of Us. I edited it above. To be fair, I was extremely tired when typing that.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:38 pm

Insomniac has actually made three VR games, but they are for the Oculus Rift.

I started up A Hat in Time. There is definitely a certain charm to it, but I can't really say I've been loving the design of the levels so far. The little moving logo thing is really damn cool though!

I also started up that free DLC starring Raven for Gravity Rush 2. Unfortunately it already had one of those sections where you can't use your powers that I disliked so much in the main game.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:51 am

Well hopefully they make a PS4 one, because I'm sure they'd do something great with Ratchet and Clank. A nice horror one with chimeras would be fun too.

I really want to play that second Gravity Rush game, but I'm surprised it is still $40. What I'd like to do is play the first game again, because I can't remember anything about it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:10 am

I finished the third and final episode of Life is Strange: Before the Storm. This as a whole was much better than I expected. I'm still not sure it was necessary, but it was good enough to be worthwhile I guess. There were some really cool moments and the music was once again amazing. The new developer did a good job of capturing what the series is about I think. I was pretty happy with the decisions I made, but there was one possible outcome that I saw on the minor stats page (I think only 9% had gotten it) I wish I had gotten. Seemed pretty tough to get. Looking forward to the bonus episode and even more so whatever Dontnod does next with this series.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher on Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:02 am

Beat Horizon. Good game and a very strong first stab by Guerilla. Story was blah for about 75% for me, but thankfully picked up around the time I got bored with the gameplay. Never was awful, just felt done playing it around then. Combat was pretty unique too and felt like real hunting which made up for a few gripes I had.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube on Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:37 pm

Been playing quite a bit of Hellbade: Senua's Sacrifice and one really minor thing I've enjoyed - no button prompts on screen to break immersion. It just assumes you're an adult and you can press buttons to figure it out and if not, you can go into the menu and check. I like it!

I've actually been enjoying the hell out of this game so far. Very story/acting focused so there are definitely those among my friends but I've really enjoyed what it's been doing (very minor spoilers follow)

Spoiler:
It's been a fascinating way to take the educational VR/audio experiences mental health professionals created to simulate schizophrenia and use it to wonderful effect in a narrative. And they use these voices mechanically as well to teach players or indicate they need to do something. It's cool! Very unique. I dig it.

Steam: Krubixcube         3DS Friend Code: 1950-9553-1102         PSN:KrubixCube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:16 pm

Been playing Wolfenstein The New Colossus and Final Fantasy 12. Wolfenstein is pretty great so far. Forgot how smooth these games felt and the nags I had with TNO aren't here since I turned the difficulty down. Should probably replay TNO now that I think about it. FFXII has me hooked too. I'm in love with the license board and gambit system. Been switching between the two each night, it's been a nice rotation. Fast paced bloody violence one night, slower tactical combat the other.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube on Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:37 pm

That's always my ideal mix of game types. One deep, strategy focused game or an RPG and a bam-bam shoot 'em up action game.

Steam: Krubixcube         3DS Friend Code: 1950-9553-1102         PSN:KrubixCube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:13 pm

Still working my way through all The Witcher III has to offer. Started up Blood and Wine and I'm impressed with how huge the new area is. That's how DLC should be done!

Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:26 pm

I played through Little Nightmares. It is sort of a cinematic puzzle/platformer in tge vein of Limbo/Inside, but with some 3D space (I guess it is 2.5D-ish). It is so creepy and atmospheric. I really enjoyed it a lot.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:10 am

*sigh* Yet another game to add to the list!

Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:37 am

I got the Kingdom Hearts remaster for PS4 and I'm replaying the first game and I'm really enjoying it. I forgot how much I enjoyed this game. They really nail the feel of Disney and even the voices that aren't the real actors sound great too. One thing I remember hating that I still loathe is the gummy ship segments. They're not fun, and making your own is probably supposed to me more gratifying than it is.

I'm getting close to the end of the first game, I'm really looking forward to playing the other games even though they sound really confusing from conversations I've had. Hopefully I can beat them all before the third game comes out.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:25 pm

Beat Kingdom Hearts and the last world did some stuff I really hate in JRPG. It's a staple with the genre, but I hate multiple final bosses. Fighting 5 super bosses in a row isn't fun. Dying to the 4th one forcing you to repeat the process isn't an enjoyable experience. I beat the boss on the first try, but I was constantly worried that I wasn't going to. Before the final boss they did this very annoying thing where they threw waves of enemies at you for around 15 minutes right after a boss fight that wasn't easy with no save point. Make people want to play your games, don't frustrate them.

All in all I did beat the game and I still really enjoyed it, but things like that can really suck the fun out of a game if you're on the losing end.

Before I start up the next one I'm gonna play Resident Evil 7. It's really creepy in VR, but like Rigs it kind of makes me feel sick to play it in VR. As I play it I'll probably go in between VR and normal. Fun game so far though.

Also trying to finish up The Wolf Among Us. Cool characters and story, these kind of games are really fun to play if you don't know if you want to watch a movie or play a game. Still hoping that Telltale Games does a Scooby-Doo game someday or a Scream one, I'd love to control a whodunnit with this kind of storytelling. Anyone have any ideas for a Telltales Games they'd like to see made?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher on Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:54 pm

I'd want to see Telltale do Beavis and Butthead or Mass Effect personally.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber on Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:21 pm

Beavis and Butthead would be cool. They do humor well, Borderlands was really funny.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube on Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:07 pm

I feel like Bloodborne (not the only game, but it's the one that pops to mind) handled the boss "stages" well. So you don't have to fight multiple bosses, their attack patterns/forms just change as they lose health. Makes it feel hard and makes you adapt without feeling like a slog or being cheap.

Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher on Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:29 pm

Getting a new health bar is when multi stage bosses get annoying. That's where RPGs usually faulter, action games tend to just give you one.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:15 am

I finished up Assassin's Creed: Origins last week some time. It was enjoyable for the most part. I may go back and explore some of the regions I never got to between other games if I get the chance.

I'm currently working on playing Partners in Time, replaying Jak 3 and I just started up Middle-Earth: Shadow of War.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:15 am

How's Middle-Earth? I really liked the first game and definitely want the new one, but I got too many games on my plate as of now. The only thing I hated about the first one was how difficult it was in the beginning until you started unlocking powers, does the new one do that too?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher on Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:55 am

I still need to get to Assassin's Creed, but focusing on FFXII for now. After unlocking the second classes for each character, I'm beyond addicted to this game. I feel like a kid in a candy store every time I rack up a bunch of license points for a character. Right now my party is:
Vaan-Shikari/Foebreaker
Balthier-Bushi/Time Battlemage
Fran-Red Battlemage/Archer
Basch-Knight/Machinist
Ashe-White Mage/Monk
Penelo-Uhlan/Black Mage

Working out well for me so far. Vaan I don't use much, but he seems well rounded. Balthier is lightning quick, Fran is great support while I've got a tank out, Basch is taking hits like nothing and dealing pretty good damage, Ashe is a phenomenal bulky healer, and Penelo is hitting like a truck with decent bulk. Story is decent but nothing special, get a few Star Wars vibes. World is really cool too, but man I am in love with the gameplay for this one. If Square revisited XII's gameplay, it would be a day one buy no matter what.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube on Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:48 pm

That gives me so much hope for when I replay it. One thing that bugged me about vanilla FFXII was how boring the license system felt but adding classes would make a HUGE difference in that.

Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:41 am

BretBaber wrote:How's Middle-Earth?  I really liked the first game and definitely want the new one, but I got too many games on my plate as of now.  The only thing I hated about the first one was how difficult it was in the beginning until you started unlocking powers, does the new one do that too?
I've only played about an hour, so I don't have much in the way of impressions so far. It certainly hasn't been difficult, but I do miss having a lot of moves unlocked. Haven't really played enough to know how it differentiates itself from the first game yet. Just feels really similar to that so far.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:57 am

Where is the game's setting? I think the reason the first game was so hard was due to the fact that you were in enemy territory. The first game did a great job expanding on the world of LotR so I'm definitely looking forward to getting this game at some point.

Beat Rime yesterday. I enjoyed the game, but other games similar to it I enjoyed more like Ico and Journey. The greatest and music are superb throughout. The graphics never do anything mind blowing, but it's just constantly a beautiful game to look at.

Started up Knack 2 after beating Rime. I only played a very little bit, but I'm really not sure why this series gets so much shit on the internet. It's not the greatest, but it is far from the worst. It's a fun game to pick up and play in between other games like Resident Evil 7 which I'm currently playing. It feels like an animated movie which I enjoy.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:40 pm

Been playing Horizon Zero Dawn. It's not doing anything horribly new, but it's addictive and I'm enjoying playing it as a good game to tune out and relax to (shadow of mordor was very similar for me). It is a great looking game as well with some really impressive vistas.

Would be interested talking through all this with you guys who played it once I've had a bit more time with it.

Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next