The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top 5 Launch Titles

5 posters

Go down

Top 5 Launch Titles Empty Top 5 Launch Titles

Post by volvocrusher Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:01 pm

Since Switch might be the last traditional console launch ever (not saying it will, but it's possible), I figure this would be a fun topic. Has to be the same day as the console, but you didn't need to play it at launch. Go for it!
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Launch Titles Empty Re: Top 5 Launch Titles

Post by Krubixcube Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:12 pm

I was looking at a list of launch titles historically and Nintendo almost always kills it compared to the competition.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:31 pm

1. Super Mario 64 (N64)
2. Super Mario World (SNES)
3. Super Mario Bros. (NES)
4. SoulCalibur (Dreamcast)
5. Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)

I didn't put Twilight Princess for the Wii down because I played it on the Gamecube and prefer that version. I was happy that the Wii U version took its cues from the Gamecube rather than the Wii. I also haven't played Breath of the Wild yet.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:40 pm

Been trying to decide on this for a few days now. Here is what I've come up with.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
3. Super Mario World (SNES)
4. Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita)
5. Super Mario Bros. (NES)

I feel pretty good about the top three (I guess I might swap TP and BotW after finishing the latter, but this is how I feel at the moment). Lumines (PSP), Lumines: Electronic Symphony (Vita), Resogun (PS4), and Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3) were other candidates I thought of for the last two spots. Wasn't sure where to settle on those two positions to be honest.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:43 pm

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild- I'm having a really hard time figuring whether I like this or my number two pick more, but put this over it because I was there for Zelda at launch so got that new console excitement with it and didn't play the other until a few years later.
2. Super Mario World- The first game I ever played, a perfect was to introduce anyone to the SNES too.
3. Halo- Like the sequels more, but this one is still a blast today. One of those rare launch games that's fun on your own and with people.
4. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess- I played it on the Wii and actually prefer it there to Gamecube. Not the biggest fan of motion control sword, but aiming felt so natural.
5. Soul Calibur- One of my favorite fighting game series, which are perfect for a launch. What made SC really cool though is how much solo stuff there was.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:08 pm

Still waiting for others to comment to see if there's games I'm missing, but I should have a list up soon. Mine's more than likely going to be a list of shooters and platformers.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:21 pm

Wikipedia has a list for launch titles in case that helps Bret:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_console_launch_games

Edit: Well it says it is incomplete, but it still might help.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:55 pm

Yeah, that did help.  Thanks!

1.  Super Mario World - This one gets the #1 spot, because out of the 5 I have listed this will be the one I go back and play as time moves on.  My favorite Mario game.  Great platforming, infectious music, awesome special, and better boss levels than Super Mario 3.  
2.  Timesplitters - Why Timesplitters still isn't a thing is beyond me and it's shameful.  TS2 was the best of the series, but I'd give the first the nod over the second when it came to multiplayer.  Fast, frenetic, build your own maps, Harry Tipper, damn that game was great.  Please Sony, at least make the series a PS2 to PS4 remaster if nothing else.  
3.  Uncharted Golden Abyss - It's sad that one of my favorite games for the Vita was a launch day title.  So much potential not met.  Sad  Uncharted games are just pure fun for me.  
4.  Killzone Shadow Fall - Not my favorite Killzone game, but Killzone is my favorite shooter so it was really nice to have a game besides FIFA to really look forward to when the PS4 released.  
5.  Resistance - Didn't know how much I'd like Resistance.  I got a PS3 shortly after launch, and they were still selling for a lot, so I had plans of selling it for profit since I wasn't playing games much at the time.  Looked at it for a day and decided I wanted it and got Insomniac's newest because I loved Ratchet and Clank on the PS2.  A lot of fun, 3 was only slightly better than their first attempt at killing Chimera.

Didn't want to add FIFA games, despite loving them when I first get them.  Also, I haven't played Twilight Princess or Breath of the Wild, games that might make a claim for the top spot if I had.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum