The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top 5 Most Wanted Games, September 2016

+2
volvocrusher
SanAndreasX
6 posters

Go down

Top 5 Most Wanted Games, September 2016 Empty Top 5 Most Wanted Games, September 2016

Post by SanAndreasX Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:29 pm

Post your five most anticipated games here, regardless of how far away their release date is. You can even do a top 10.

Mine:

1. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Final Fantasy XV
3. Persona 5
4. Ni no Kuni
5. Valkyria: Azure Revolution
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Most Wanted Games, September 2016 Empty Re: Top 5 Most Wanted Games, September 2016

Post by volvocrusher Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:23 pm

Alright
1. Mass Effect Andromeda- Bioware is my favorite developer, I loved Dragon Age's new formula, and I can't wait to see it applied to my favorite series.
2. Sonic Mania- Yeah, I'm that excited for this game. I love everything about the Genesis Sonic games to the point where every other one feels off in some way. To see them go back to their roots with additions (like a quick spin dash when landing) that seem to fit really well rather than detract from the game.
3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wilds- My only apprehension is that it's another game that's too big, but other than that everything about this game looks great. Could be the best Zelda yet.
4. Crash Bandicoot Remastered- Really is this surprising?
5. Pokemon Sun/Moon- Again, is this surprising?
6. Yooka-Laylee- I need a 3D platformer like this
7. Ace Attorney 6- Excited to see them finally bring back all the characters from the original trilogy that have been missing for the past few games.
8. Scalebound- Platinum didn't have the best track record this year and there's still a bunch of unanswered questions, but I'm really optimistic on this one. Think it could really be a blast.
9. ReCore- A little worried on it, but hoping it delivers. Think it will be a blast if it does.
10. Bloodstained- It's been too long since we last got a great Castlevania game so I'm excited for this.

Last edited by volvocrusher on Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Most Wanted Games, September 2016 Empty Re: Top 5 Most Wanted Games, September 2016

Post by TheMatt Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:06 pm

1. Persona 5 - I know I won't enjoy it as much as 4, but I still can't wait to play it.
2. Mass Effect Andromeda - If its just more Mass Effect with a new story and new characters that's alright with me. I'm really hoping they don't try to reinvent the wheel too much.
3. Zelda - I never finished Skyward Sword and the open world stuff kind of scares me, but hopefully it'll give us a brand new Zelda experience that feels fresh.
4. Jackbox Party Pack 3 - These games have been in my rotation for years now. It's a favorite when I have get togethers with friends. From what I've seen of the new group of games, it shouldn't disappoint.
5. Pokemon Sun/Moon - Ready for some new Pokemon, especially since I've been so addicted to Pokemon Go. I thought about playing through Heart Gold for the 100th time (that game is just the best) but I figured I'd save it for this.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:43 pm

1. The Last Guardian - I'm afraid the time spent in development hell hasn't been kind to this game, but I'm just glad to see it's finally coming out. Hopefully it's the game everyone was hoping for back when it was revealed

2. Persona 5 - Either my Ps3's last hurrah or my Ps4's first. I'm confident that they'll avoid the many pitfalls of P3's plot

3. Zelda BOTW - I'm still worried that this will be a modern open world busywork game, but the gameplay they've shown looks great.

4. Shadow Warrior 2 - The new level designs I've seen look like a blast and co-op should be a great fit for this game. I only hope they made the guns feel better, but I enjoyed the first game enough as it was

5. ReCore - I'll probably wait to see if it comes to steam, but I may buy it from the windows store if I have to
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:12 pm

1. Persona 5 - Just replayed 4 and it consumed my life, and Atlus is a company that understands their formula in the best way and constantly works to refine it.

2. The Last Guardian - Hopefully it's good!

3. Mass Effect Andromeda: there will be at least one base building, team sending, poor vehicle driving SOMETHING in this game because EA won't just give us more of the same. But hopefully the core of what's there is still decidedly Mass Effect-y.

4. Civilization VI - come on...it's Civ. Just one more turn, guys.

5. Final Fantasy XV - Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:05 am

Krubixcube wrote:
3. Mass Effect Andromeda: there will be at least one base building, team sending, poor vehicle driving SOMETHING in this game because EA won't just give us more of the same. But hopefully the core of what's there is still decidedly Mass Effect-y.

I wish they'd just refine the Mako bits on random planets from the first game, because the replacements in 2 and 3 put me to sleep. I barely even bothered with it in Mass Effect 3. This tedious busywork is one thing that's really annoying me in games right now. Just thinking about it keeps me from replaying those games
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:32 am

Here are ten I came up with. Probably forgetting some stuff. Went with only announced games obviously.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - I love what they are doing with the more emergent gameplay and greater player freedom.
2. God of War - I'm still wondering how things like platforming and large boss fights will work in the new formula, but I just love how bold a reinvention this is and all the teases in the first demo still have it swirling about in my mind.
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn - This just looks super cool. Love the fast-paced tactical combat and the world they have built for this game.
4. Gravity Rush 2 - Excited for more of Kat and the gravity shifting gameplay that I really enjoyed in the first.
5. The Last Guardian - Just ready to finally play this!
6. Yooka Laylee - I could really use a game like this in my life again.
7. Spider-Man - Still a huge Insomniac fan and this is their next big project. Seems like a good fit too.
8. Cyberpunk 2077 - Hoping I like this as much as The Witcher 3!
9. ReCore - Seems like my kind of game, but it does look a bit rough around the edges.
10. Watch Dogs 2 - Seems like a nice improvement over the first.

While not a full game, I'm most excited for that Uncharted 4 singleplayer DLC. Can't wait to see what they do with that.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:38 am

Oh yeah forgot about Spider-Man. Make that my 4!
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:42 am

ajapam wrote:
Krubixcube wrote:

I wish they'd just refine the Mako bits on random planets from the first game, because the replacements in 2 and 3 put me to sleep. I barely even bothered with it in Mass Effect 3. This tedious busywork is one thing that's really annoying me in games right now. Just thinking about it keeps me from replaying those games

My girlfriend is replaying Chrono Trigger right now, and like every time I see/play Chrono Trigger I will say...now there's a game that understood how to move without all the busywork. It's amazing, she's been playing it (albeit heavily as she's sick an in bed) for 3 days and she's almost beat it. I spent LOADS of time in ME3 just doing stupid runaround fetch quests and weird...resource gathering. It was dumb.

I almost feel like they HAVE to put something dumb like that in Andromeda to meet the Mass Effect dumb things quota.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down