The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Games You Played in July 2015

4 posters

Go down

Games You Played in July 2015 Empty Games You Played in July 2015

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:58 pm

Time for one of these again. Let us know what you played or finished this past month.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Games You Played in July 2015 Empty Re: Games You Played in July 2015

Post by ajapam Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:49 pm

Rocket League: I'm almost at 40 hours now. Told myself I'd give it a break but there's no end in sight. It just needs better cross-platform parties, replay functions, and something for the e-sports people out there. This is probably the only game I'd like to see pros play. The skill ceiling is so high, especially with coordinated teams. Grade: A

X-com: Enemy Unknown: Great when it's good, infuriating when it's not. It annoyed me until I quit. Didn't play enough to give it a real grade

Valkyria Chronicles: I'm enjoying this quite a bit. It's a great game to pace yourself with. I'm still far from being done with it, though.

Super Mario Galaxy: I've been working through this incredibly slowly, but it's really good and easy to jump in and out of. I just wish I didn't have to play it with a wii remote.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:08 pm

I didn't finish much this past month.

Life is Strange: Episode 4: This continues to be great. One particular sequence had all these interesting outcomes. I kept checking back to see what could come about with various choices. Otherwise just more of what I loved about the game before. Can't wait to play the final episode. Grade: A-

Killzone 3: The shooting and weapons still rock. And I still really like this cover system. But the level and encounter design leave a lot to be desired. There are some great moments and some really poorly designed parts, so overall a pretty mixed bag. Only played the campaign for this.

Otherwise been mostly working on The Witcher 3. I came close to throwing in the towel early on, but I am glad I stuck with it as it really grew on me. Between this and Life is Strange I feel like I'm getting outside of my gaming comfort zone and it is going pretty well.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:01 am

I too am playing Episode 4, haven't finished it yet but like Trip said it maintains the really high standard of quality the rest of the game has set. Can't wait to see how it plays out.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:37 pm

If you finish Episode 4 and want to discuss it in a thread before the final episode, that might be fun.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:18 am

Definitely! Will let you know!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:01 pm

Rocket League - It takes the greatest sport known to man (soccer), and combines it with the worst (racing/Nascar) to make one of the best multiplayer games ever. I've told my friends it is right up there with Timesplitters when it comes to multiplayer, I want to play this game for hours straight. A+

Metal Gear Solid 3 for Vita - I've been wanting to play through all of the Big Boss games before the new one arrives. Plays fantastic on the Vita, the only problem is the smaller screen makes it a bit harder to line up head shots because it's harder to see your target further away. Also, it's better on an actual controller, but you really can't pass up taking this masterpiece with you. Vita version A
PS3 HD remake version A+

The Last of Us Those Left Behind - First time playing this, not sure what took me so long since I've had it available to me forever. Great insight into Ellie's character, with a fantastic story. However, there's not a lot that you do, and I beat it in about an hour and a half to 2 hours. B+

Journey - Basically the same as above, there's not a whole lot that you do, but the game just has something that clicks with me. It tells such a powerful story with no words, and that snow section is beautiful. A

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops - The second Big Boss game tells a great story, with some awesome concepts, but fuck those controls. Fuck those controls so damn much. You can tell Mr. Kojima didn't make this game, because he's not a fucking idiot and made the lack of a second analog stick work on the PSP. Damn, these controls suck. I remember liking it more when I first played and wasn't spoiled with Peace Walker, but what is there is still a fun game. I know some aren't a fan, but I love the comic styled cut scenes. Capturing enemies for your team is a cool concept even if it was better executed in Peace Walker, but all in all it was a really nice stepping stone for what was improved in Peace Walker. B-

BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:28 pm

I am offended by the implied connection between nascar and racing. On second thought, what is nascar? Never heard of it
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:29 pm

While they are both short, there is a whole lot more that you do in Left Behind than Journey. Comparing them in that regard seems ludicrous to me.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down