The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Anticipated Games

+7
chocobot
ajapam
SanAndreasX
avidacridjam
pspiddy
TheMatt
Miraculous Kaydybug
11 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Anticipated Games - Page 10 Empty Re: Anticipated Games

Post by Krubixcube Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:07 pm

Switch is still impressing me. Rare to see a company actually learn from their mistakes and make good on it. SOMEDAY I'll be able to afford one.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:02 pm

I was especially impressed when someone at Ninty (forget who exactly and how they exactly they worded it, think was either Reggie or Kimishima) said that they weren't going to get caught up by the Switch's success. It's rare that a company has that much awareness of things. Usually they either try to see what they can get away with or go on cruise control when that happens. Still possible, but don't really see companies make comments like that when they find success.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:13 am

After thinking about it and only including stuff I think will release this year and is already announced, I'd say these are my five most anticipated games for 2018:

1. God of War
2. Yoshi Switch
3. Spider-man
4. Kirby: Star Allies
5. Ori and the Will of the Wisps

The Last of Us Part II and Ghosts of Tsushima would be in there, but I assume they are both 2019 games. The next Tomb Raider would be in there too if it comes out in 2018 which I think it will, but it isn't revealed/officially announced yet.

Other stuff I had in a word document of upcoming games I'm looking forward to (some may never come out!):

Medievil Remaster, Shadow of the Colossus, Days Gone, Hollow Knight (console port), Far Cry 5, Psychonauts 2, Vampyr, Life is Strange 2, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Cyberpunk 2077, Guacamelee! 2, Bayonetta 3, Biomutant, Mario Tennis Aces.

Probably forgetting something. Also, really hoping for a Luigi's Mansion 3 for Switch this year!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:58 am

I'd be excited for Ghost of Tsushima and Red Dead Redemption 2 if they come out in 2018. I'm not holding my breath for either.

I'm still a little shaky on the new God of War. And I only mean that I'm not sure if it's a day 1 purchase for me, but I will certainly play it eventually.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:26 pm

I think RDR2 is guaranteed for next year. They're gonna want something to complement or replace GTA Online and it's already been delayed from 2017. I'm concerned about what the game will end up like though. It's Rockstar's first single player game since GTA V and I'm wondering if the success of GTA Online will change how they make future games. Will they still put the effort they used to in the story or will it be all about RDR Online? Cause a game that improves on GTA V's mechanics and controls with a narrative as good as RDR's inspired by the Dirty Dozen/Magnificent Seven would be fantastic if that's what we get.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:51 pm

I'm cautiously optimistic because RDR was one of the few open world (non-RPG) games that I loved and beat. But yeah, all of those points about GTA V Online are valid ones.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:00 pm

I beat RDR, but wouldn't say I love it. I'll give it that the quick draw mechanic was a great crutch since it made the game feel more like a Western power fantasy, but something's seriously wrong when the shooting is so bad that players need to rely on something that slows the game to a crawl in order to make the shooting functional is a huge red flag for me. Except Bully, any Rockstar game before GTA V feels borderline unplayable at best. So that's why I was really glad when they finally nailed the controls in GTA V, but unfortunately wasn't a fan of the rest of the game. So I'd love for RDR2 to be the one that has a solid foundation and a fun game built around it with a well made story.

Also Trip I'm guessing the ones that may never come out are Psychonauts 2 and Beyond Good and Evil 2.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:15 pm

Rumors say there is a Spyro trilogy Remaster/Remake ala the Crash one coming this year which would be awesome. I have only ever played some of the second one way back when and I've always wanted to play through these games, but never did via PS1 classics on PS3 or anything. Anyway, I hope its true!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:21 pm

I'd like to see more 3D platformers so I'd be fine with that. If Bubsy gets a revival, Spyro should too.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:32 pm

I played the first one for a bit when we got them free on PS+ and it just felt like running around and gliding to different collectibles. Only played for like a half an hour but what I played didn't wow me like it did most people. Crash definitely seemed like the better of the two.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:18 pm

A game called Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden just got announced that seems really cool. Basically an RPG that will have a lot of exploration, but battles will be turn based strategy. Post apocalyptic with the heroes and enemies mostly consisting of anthrpomorphic animals, kind of like Beyond Good and Evil and Fallout mixed together. Your party has a boar and a duck in it. Has my interest, seems really cool.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:48 pm

The only thing that doesn't sound cool about that is turn based strategy, I just don't have the patience for those. Is there a trailer of it?

I'm anticipating Ni no Kuni 2. So fucking much.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:31 pm

Great Nintendo Direct. Am really glad we're getting a new Smash Bros this year, especially since that means it'll be their big fall game over Pokemon and they can have another year to work on it. Even though I loved XY, I could really tell they were rushing those together compared to Sun and Moon. Will definitely pick up Crash again and am glad I haven't got around to South Park yet. May give Okami another chance too and rent that one. Undertale I already own on PC so if I try it again it'll be on there. Captain Toad I didn't really like the first time, but still kind of cool you can try it on 3DS and Switch.

Speaking of 3DS, it has a surprisingly robust lineup for a seven year old system with a year old successor. Good to see another Warioware, Luigi's Mansion was a fun surprise (hoping it means we get one after on Switch), another Mario and Luigi remake is on the way in 2019, and Detective Pikachu looks weird but interesting.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:57 pm

Switch seems like a great fit for Okami since you could draw on the touch pad.

That said...I swear to god if they don't add a cutscene skip/text speed option to that damn game...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:41 pm

That is always *the* issue stopping me from replaying that game. I can read faster than games think and I'd have to listen to that wibblewibble dialogue. I guess it's to be more "immersive" but it only ever has the opposite effect on me.

Even in western games with extensive voice acting I'd often prefer it if they'd just do subtitles and present them better. There's lots of talking in these games and I've got things to do, but interrupting voiced dialogue is the most jarring of all.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:26 pm

I think I'm the opposite when it comes to voice acting, I always listen even if I've played the game a ton like Metal Gear Solid. I've played that game so much that I know a lot of lines to the point where it surprises me a lot. Apart of me feels guilty for skipping them for some strange reason.

"SO PATRIOTISM IS YOUR EXCUSE FOR CIRCUMVENTING THE CONSTITUTION?"

"No, you're still too green."

"I can't believe I'm being hit on by the famous Solid Snake! " Mei Ling says, crushing like a fan girl, and her tone changes. "But I'm surprised, you're pretty frank for a killer."

"A Hind D? Colonel, what's a Russian gunship doing here?"

"A security camera?!?!?"

I could go on and on and I'll listen to it every time!
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:37 pm

It's more in RPGs that it bugs me. When a game has a focused plot I want the extra emotion that voice acting can bring, but when it's some random sidequest out of a million, it seems like a waste of resources to me. Its a gripe I have with Mass Effect for example.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:18 am

It is cool Smash Bros. is coming this year. I like that they're doing a Splatoon 2 single-player expansion as well. I hope they still have something else (that's not a port) that I don't know about yet coming later this year for the system that I will be really excited about. The only one I'm really jazzed about this year for Switch is Yoshi. Kirby and Smash to a lesser extent too.

Also while I like that people that didn't have a Wii U will be able to play many of its games on Switch, the pricing of these ports is so lame. I mean Tropical Freeze is actually more than it launched for on Wii U four years later. The new content isn't super noteworthy and the Wii U version was actually added to the Select line or whatever and going for $20.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:26 am

Yeah ones like Pokken and Mario Kart didn't bug me because you got the DLC and portability but DKC is just them being greedy dicks. They couldn't even add new levels like Returns 3DS
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:00 pm

This game looks pretty cool. I really liked the dialogue and how the conversation system worked in Oxenfree. The scenario here looks really funny too.

TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10