June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Now Playing

Post by TripOpt55 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:14 pm

Yeah what Greenman said is why I was questioning it. Why make a point that you are proud of never playing a single one? I guess it was just bad phrasing because I understand what you meant now. I take it you feel bad about buying Fifa every year then Bret?
TripOpt55
Owns the World's Largest Platinum Relic Collection

View user profile http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by BretBaber on Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:15 pm

Seeing as I was replying to Sans post, I just assumed it would have been interpreted as "I'm not one of the 10 million."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber on Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:19 pm

I don't feel bad about buying FIFA every year. I get to see my favorite team wearing this year's new jersey. $60 well worth it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher on Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:45 pm

I'm fine with annualized sequels as long as you give me a reason to buy each new one. I've bought new Pokemon games day one every year since 2009 (same year as AC ironically) and each one gave me more than my money's worth.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber on Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:05 pm

FIFA is the same for me. Easily 300-400 hours each year

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX on Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:06 am

There are a couple of properties here and there that I'd buy if they were annualized. Square had a Final Fantasy game ready like clockwork every fall from 1999-2001, and I never thought twice about preordering any of them. I also buy every Tales game that comes out, and those have lately been coming out in generous quantities.

PSN: Super_King666
Nintendo: SanAndreasX
Steam: San_Andreas_X
3DS Friend Code: 2294-5129-1033
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam on Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:18 am

I was right about The Witcher 2 improving when it opens up. It's definitely not the most polished game out there but the universe and some of the scenarios it's setting up are promising. It also looks reeeally nice once you get out into the forest. Both in graphics and art design.

One weird thing that keeps happening, though, is that people seem to forget events that come before. I agreed to help this one guy in the main quest, then I screwed him over in a side quest and he tried to kill me. Yet he still wants me to help him.

ajapam
Jill Sandwich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug on Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:10 am

I'm a Musou fan as you know and I've bought 7 of those in the past 4 years counting expansions probably one more before the year end. Not sure if i should get SW4 or WO3U

Angels in anyone A permanent solution to a temporary problem
Before I'd lay me down to rest I'd throw away everything to live~

Steam
Risette 3DS 3024 6121 9950 Nin. ID GoddessOfTheSeal Pixlbit http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

View user profile http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam on Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:56 pm

Started my rental copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order this morning. Really impressed by what I've seen so far.

avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug on Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:57 am

Freedom Wars final missions can suck my dick. 3 missions with time limits of 30, 45, and 45 WITH NO CHECKPOINTS AT ALL BETWEEN THEM. They arent that hard, but when you lose that much progress cause the fucking AI rolls around your body instead of reviving you well then fuck that shit in the ass.

Steam
Risette 3DS 3024 6121 9950 Nin. ID GoddessOfTheSeal Pixlbit http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber on Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:25 am

I don't like any mission where I may have to rely on AI.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug on Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:11 pm

The AI is actually fairly decent when it comes to dealing damage they however turning into drooling morons when it comes to healing/reviving.

I've gotten smart and now bring along auto-resusitators on both me and my accessory which make things a lot easier when you have 4 extra lives

Steam
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:55 pm

I've played about 3 hours of Far Cry 4. It is really similar to 3 so far, but with a bunch of small tweaks that make things more fun. Plus elephants which is more than a small tweak. I rode atop one with a shotgun in hand and just wrecked one of the game's outposts. I just let them call reinforcements, then charged at the truck full of them and killed them all. Looks and runs great on PS4 too.

I'll post more impressions when I play more/finish, but it definitely feels like it'd be for those that liked FC3 and want more. Those expecting something super different or had their fill with 3, probably won't be as into it.
TripOpt55

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber on Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:00 pm

Finished the first world on LittleBigPlanet3 and I haven't come across one glitch yet. Maybe IGN shouldn't use something like a glitch that will easily be fixed in a patch to effect the score of the game. Classic LBP gameplay, with some added features. Haven't got to any of the other sack creatures yet.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher on Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:27 pm

If you ship it that way, everything in it is fair game to be criticized. It could be patched but it also could NOT be patched.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX on Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:30 pm

volvocrusher wrote:If you ship it that way, everything in it is fair game to be criticized. It could be patched but it also could NOT be patched.

I agree. I wish more reviewers - and consumers - would hold publishers' feet to the fire on glitches/bugs. Glitches and bugs absolutely should be penalized if they're egregious, whether a patch is forthcoming or not.

SanAndreasX
Biotic God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX on Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:48 pm

pspiddy wrote:Even though Nintendo has the most ridiculous multiplayer design, and the 3DS is the single most poorly designed major console in modern gaming, Fantasy Life multiplayer is a blast. Anybody in the FF or NNK threads should purchase this game. It's heads and tails above everything else for my GotY and, at the very least, has a spot in my top 20 all-time.

Sample dialogue: "It's not the size of the chest of the treasure, it's the booty inside that counts"!

It is an awesome game, and I'm lovin' it. Do I have you on my 3DS friend list? If not, I believe my friend code is posted in my sig.

SanAndreasX
Biotic God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:42 pm

Really considering getting myself that game, but not sure if it would be my thing. It's a toughy.

Steam: Krubixcube         3DS Friend Code: 1950-9553-1102         PSN:KrubixCube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:18 am

We've complained about the other buggy or unfinished games on here, where are the Master Chief collection complaints?
TripOpt55

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber on Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:27 am

Lots of buggy games get like 9 scores or higher on there. Never played Skyrim, but I hear there were lots of bugs in that game and it got a great score. LoTR: War in the North had game breaking bugs (multiple ones at that) where you'd have to start completely over and that got a higher score, and there was never a patch released to fix those. The core LBP gameplay is there and it feels better than ever, yet it got like 2 points less than almost all of the other games. Just feels harsh seeing as a patch that was released the day the game came out that has fixed most if not all of the problems. Maybe a "Review In Progress" or "We'll Change Once A Patch Fixes These Bugs" would be nice. Platformers are a rarity, I'd be really pissed if this very fishy review leads to low sales and no more LittleBigPlanet games. I'm sure it is unlikely, but that's what is at stakes with these reviews sometimes.

Here's a little system sales update from someone that sells the shit... Since X-Box One has lowered their price, they are really selling. I still sell a lot of PS4 systems, but I'd say I sell about 3 to 1 X-Box One systems. However, the only game I sell is Call of Duty Advanced Warfare. I surprisingly didn't sell one copy of that Halo game and it has been out for a week. I still haven't sold a copy of Sunset Overdrive as well, so I'd like to see how well that game is selling. Maybe it's just the area I live in, but I'd say 95% of the games sold for the system are Advanced Warfare. On PS4 though, it's more Advanced Warfare, but I'll sell Driveclub, LittleBigPlanet, Shadows of Mordor, and a bunch of other games. I wonder how it is for Chocobot, I'm pretty sure she works at a gamestop, I wonder if her sales reflect ours.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:31 pm

working the register ive only sold 4-5 copies of GTA5 for xbone, and far cry 4 on 360

also i kind of doubt too many people here pay THAT much attention to xbone exclusives pretty sure im the only one who really shows interrest and ill simply wait on a patch for MCC

Steam
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:12 pm

I think you are looking at it the wrong way Bret. They shouldn't be giving LBP a pass for being glitchy or whatever. They should be docking Skyrim, etc. Platformers being a rarity (and 2D ones really aren't anymore) shouldn't be a reason to go easy on LBP either. I hope to start the game up today. Been a little too addicted to Far Cry 4 so far.

Kayshire Cat wrote:working the register ive only sold 4-5 copies of GTA5 for xbone, and far cry 4 on 360

also i kind of doubt too many people here pay THAT much attention to xbone exclusives pretty sure im the only one who really shows interrest and ill simply wait on a patch for MCC

I know I personally pay attention to games on all platforms if it interests me. I've talked plenty about Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break. Plus Ori and Scalebound around E3. I also was looking forward to MCC for when I get an Xbox One which I plan to do next year.

Plus if you use that rationale, I doubt anyone here was planning to get Unity, but we talked about that!
TripOpt55

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:15 pm

BretBaber wrote:the only game I sell is Call of Duty Advanced Warfare.  I surprisingly didn't sell one copy of that Halo game and it has been out for a week.  I still haven't sold a copy of Sunset Overdrive as well, so I'd like to see how well that game is selling.  Maybe it's just the area I live in, but I'd say 95% of the games sold for the system are Advanced Warfare.  

Interesting to see how the "buy an xbox just for Call of Duty" thing continues even when the XBone has more big exclusives than the Ps4. I just don't get it

I never heard anything about MCC glitches but that's pretty dumb if true. It seems to me that it should be pretty easy to work things out before launch if all you're doing is remaking the games

I'd say all reviews should be based on what comes on the disc and maybe day one patches (which are still annoying but better than leaving the game broken.) Anything after launch day should be ignored unless it's a huge change. Like what happened with FF14

ajapam
Jill Sandwich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:28 pm

It seems like publishers are essentially crowd-sourcing bug-testing duties to their customers, and getting them to pay 60 bucks a head. Brilliant!

SanAndreasX
Biotic God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher on Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:43 pm

Yeah, I'm not a fan of a "review in progress" just because no one is under any obligation to fix any bugs or glitches, they do it because they want to (whether for the right or wrong reasons). And since they pay attention to review scores (even though everyone puts way too much stock in them), what better way to get publishers to wait for games to get finished than to give it a permanent black mark for bugs and glitches?

There's also that some people still don't connect their console online and even though this is VERY far off in the future, some day all those bugs and patches will be gone when the server is offline.

Also 3D platformers might be a rarity, but 2D ones are almost as over saturated as shooters on the market. They're my favorite genre and even I was a little burnt out on them last year, until Rayman Legends was so awesome it got me loving them all over again.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug on Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:56 pm

TripOpt55 wrote:

Plus if you use that rationale, I doubt anyone here was planning to get Unity, but we talked about that!

eh fair enough

i generally do think glitches are more forgivable in the case of games the scale of Skyrim because of the scale as long as they don't break the game. That said its still not acceptable for them to send it out like the PS3 version of Skyrim was at launch, and especially how New Vegas was at launch holy fuck.

i generally wait for games like that if i hear somethings glitchy wait a year, and then buy it

Steam
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:09 pm

I think Master Chief Collection issues are mostly multiplayer, so it is probably still worth a look when you get your Xbone if you are looking to relive the campaigns (and I imagine the MP issues will be sorted before long). I think I just wanted to point out yet another botched launch of a big game. Because there is just a pile of them this Fall. Add Driveclub to the pile too while we are at it. I forgot about that one until right now.
TripOpt55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top