The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Movies You've Watched Recently

+7
ajapam
chocobot
volvocrusher
TheMatt
Krubixcube
pspiddy
avidacridjam
11 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 3 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by volvocrusher Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:04 pm

If we're talking transition, I'd give it to Scott Pilgrim. The ending was rushed, but they didn't have an issue 6 to work with at the time and it just felt exactly like what the comic writers had in their head.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 3 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by volvocrusher Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:27 am

If we're going by that, I'd definitely go with Spider-Man 2. The Spider-Man no more arc and confrontations with Doc Ock are so different from the comics, but god damn that is one fantastic movie.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:39 am

I'm perfectly fine with that too. Both Peter Parker not wanting to be Spider-Man and mutant time travel to prevent Sentinel Terminator are broad enough ideas that they should have many different interpretations.
I know a lot of people wanted it to be Kitty traveling back in time (and she's my favorite X-Men mind you), but Wolverine worked fantastically as the worst but also only guy for the job. Professor X as a drug addict, Mystique having a tail of redemption,
Spoiler:
fit in well with this idea. Some comic ideas like Watchmen work because every element fits, but others work because their interesting ideas that should demand new interpretations. I'd like to see more comic book movies do that.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:54 am

I saw it twice so even though I won't get it right away on Blu-Ray, I can remember enough about it to join. I also just rewatched Spiderman 1 last month and Spider-Man 2 this week so in down for those as well.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:29 am

I need the Raimi Spider-Man movies on blu-ray in a bad way. Well besides 3, but I'd hate myself if I bought the first two and not that one.

BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:39 am

Watched Seven Samurai. First half was awesome, second half less awesome, but still pretty good. It's just that the combat sequences aged worse than the rest. Such a great mix of characters and emotions, too, especially at the end.

If I didn't know better I'd have guessed it's at least an hour shorter than it actually is. It's pushing my normal limits length-wise but I really didn't mind

Good taste, Twolf and spiddy.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:12 pm

Watched Murderball. Not bad, it's focus was kind of all over the place but a good watch none the less.

Glad you liked Seven Samurai, Aja! If you liked that you should try out Yojimbo.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:23 am

There is no one more than you spiddy that I'd love to have a bad movie marathon with beers. Well, you and greenie. When I'm back in the USA let's make it happen.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:11 am

So, and I hope we can still be friends, I saw Guardians of the Galaxy: it was alright. I mean, it was fun, but not "OMG best movie evar". I wont pull a Neph and say you or anyone else shouldn't find this movie great, I just think these marvel type movies aren't my jam. There was so much going on at once and it just didn't have that magic that made me super invested. The first 1/3 just felt like "Let's drop as much name and plot as possible" and then the rest of the movie just kind of sped through. Also, because I'm a horrible, horrible person I kind of found the opening bit more funny than sad because it was just SO over the top.

These are not my only thoughts, just the ones that bubbled to my brain.

Sorry. As I said, still friends?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:10 pm

I wasn't a fan of the opening (only bit I didn't like), but the rest of the movie just gets me. Every joke nailed it for me.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:51 pm

We've been down this road with Man of Steel, T-Wolf. No biggie.

And I liked the opening.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:40 am

Yeah, again, I'm not ultra down on the movie (unlike Man of Steel - which I am super down on, man...haha, I crack myself up). It was a good time, I didn't feel bored. I just felt there wasn't that lame but awesome moment where everyone comes together and uses their different abilities together. It was a lot of lore building and not a lot of meat and if you're really invested in that universe and that kind of stuff then you'd love it. I'm ok with this. It's not an objectively bad movie, but I wouldn't buy it or particularly go out of my way to watch it again.

I will say though: I really enjoyed some of the lines from Drax the Destroyer. Cracked me up. Also I saw it with a Japanese friend of mine and had to explain why the Footloose reference was funny. That was hard work.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:52 pm

Watched True Grit (the John Wayne one) and it's really good. The score is kind of annoying in that classical Hollywood way in points but it's one of those cool westerns that spiritually between a classic and revisionist Western. Plus..."FILL YOUR HANDS YOU SON OF A BITCH!"
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:14 am

Saw M finally. Great movie, holds up really well I think. Not much more to say on it without being prompted by discussion (kind of like most of the time I give opinions).

Also watched an animu movie called Colorful that was good. About suicidal junior high kids (yaaaaaaaaaay). Bit predictable but some interesting slice-of-life drama that a lot of the better animes have been doing well lately and overall a good watch.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:51 pm

Krubixcube wrote:Saw M finally. Great movie, holds up really well I think. Not much more to say on it without being prompted by discussion (kind of like most of the time I give opinions).

heh, good timing. That's probably my favorite 30s movie along with Duck Soup
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:07 am

Duck Soup is good. I also love Modern Times from that era, and many westerns as well!

I decided to rewatch Quiz Show since the mood struck me while going through the collection. Shame that the ONLY DVD you can get of it is a horrible, compressed transfer. No blu ray, no remastered DVD. Great movie though.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:43 am

Finally got around to seeing Her. I thought it was excellent. A good personal drama with a dash of some genuinely interesting sci-fi as well. It almost had this feeling of golden-age sci-fi mixed with a modern emotional sensibility. It didn't have that techno-fear too like I thought it might which was refreshing.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:49 am

Great choice. Her was my favorite film of last year.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:19 pm

I like to imagine Sterling Archer yelling "Have you EVER seen the Terminator?" At the end of that movie. My favorite from 2013 was Wolf of Wall Street hands down
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:50 pm

I watched Transformers: AOE last night. Not only could Archer improve that film, he would be the only good thing about it. I deserved what I got when I rented it but I'm done with this series. Nobody involved in its development gives a shit.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:20 pm

Yeah, the first one was alright I guess. Kind of went rapidly downhill after that.

It's typhooning so I suppose today is a perfect day to curl up and watch a film. I've got a samurai film downloaded. Might check my list and see if I can finish off any pages (I have my to-watch list in a little book).
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:40 pm

I loved the giant transformer played by John Goodman. And giant dinosaur robots are awesome in any context.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next