The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Movies You've Watched Recently

+7
ajapam
chocobot
volvocrusher
TheMatt
Krubixcube
pspiddy
avidacridjam
11 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 17 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by volvocrusher Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:59 pm

Guys Coco is fucking fantastic. I'm debating whether it or Up is my favorite Pixar movie. It's that good.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 17 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by Krubixcube Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:36 pm

I heard Disney finally pulled the horrid 20 minute Frozen short at the beginning (I haven't seen it yet but that was seriously putting me off).
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:38 pm

The short was fine, but it shouldn't have been before it if it was that long. It was the kind I could see today's kids watching 20 years later as a Christmas tradition though.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:15 pm

Now that I've had enough time to think about Star Wars: The Last Jedi, this is without a doubt my favorite in the series since Empire. I didn't expect them to go in a lot of directions they did and it feels like a deconstruction, kind of similar to Kotor 2 actually. There's some bad elements, don't get me wrong, the humor felt like it should be in a Marvel movie rather than Star Wars, those bird things are pointless and basically just Minions rip offs to make cash, and there's one scene that's stupid on so many levels (without spoiling too much, it'll remind you of Superman). But those gripes aside, while I need to rewatch them both first, this might even be up there with A New Hope. It's that good IMO.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:38 am

I'm feeling the same way right now. Some plot holes, weird scenes, and annoying merchandising pushes, but the good definitely outweighs the bad.
spoiler wars revenge of the spoil:
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:26 pm

The Spoiler Strikes Back:
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:13 am

volvocrusher wrote:Now that I've had enough time to think about Star Wars: The Last Jedi, this is without a doubt my favorite in the series since Empire. I didn't expect them to go in a lot of directions they did and it feels like a deconstruction, kind of similar to Kotor 2 actually. There's some bad elements, don't get me wrong, the humor felt like it should be in a Marvel movie rather than Star Wars, those bird things are pointless and basically just Minions rip offs to make cash, and there's one scene that's stupid on so many levels (without spoiling too much, it'll remind you of Superman). But those gripes aside, while I need to rewatch them both first, this might even be up there with A New Hope. It's that good IMO.

I'm on the other side. I disliked it. I LIKED a lot of the ideas on paper but I hated the execution. Weird editing, bad pacing, some really awkard dialogue, characters making baffling illogical choices, out of place humor. For me, the bad outweighed the good.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:37 pm

See I get that. This is a really divisive movie for a reason and a lot of stuff won't go over well for so many people. I remember quite a few scenes I was fine with or even enjoyed but thought "A lot of people are gonna HATE that"
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:14 pm

Yeah, it's a bizarre movie in that the reaction has been like that dress that no one could agree on the color with. It's like we (the collective 'we') watched two different movies.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:04 am

I watched The LEGO Batman Movie and loved it. The first ten minutes are so hysterical how they pick on all the superhero/Batman stuff. And then I loved how they worked in some other LEGO themes in a cool way.
Spoiler:
Kept waiting for Ellie Kemper's voice to pop up too since you mentioned she was in it way back Casey and she was awesome too.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:00 pm

I went to see Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri last night. I was sorta disappointed to be honest. For starters I was expecting it to be somewhat more comedic coming from the guy who made In Bruges, but it also had some almost laughably cheesy moments. A few of them were definitely meant to be funny but others, I'm not so sure. I'm actually quite surprised it got nominated for Best screenplay. I'm also a bit surprised it's not more controversial in the year 2018, which gives me a bit of hope for humanity
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:10 pm

Forgot to post about it last month, but I've seen Black Panther twice and I think it's cemented as my favorite Marvel movie. It follows the formula pretty close (character intros-set up plot-introduce villain-first encounter-prep for showdown-final fight), but the stuff it does different visually and in terms of its setting feel so different and new that I was able to get past the stuff that felt too familiar. Probably has the best villain Marvel's had yet, him and T'Challa (Black Panther) do the Magneto/Xavier relationship better than any X-Men movie where the hero feels misguided, but is still doing more good than harm while the villain's more in touch with the world, but is reacting to its injustices in an evil way.

Also for Kubert specifically, I think you would enjoy this one, but not be as on board as everyone else is. Basically your best case scenario for a Marvel movie.

Also watched the original Death Wish and really liked it. The movie would go over horribly with half the country and wonderfully with the other half in today's climate, but even if I don't quite agree with what it was saying, it set up Charles Bronson's change from liberal to gun touting vigilante very gradually and naturally and had some neat things to say. Plus Bronson is just a badass. One of my buddies then told me the sequels are basically like Evil Dead in how they ramp up the craziness so think I'll check them out for some good mindless fun.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:08 pm

I'll watch it when I have a means to do so for free ^___^
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:23 am

I think I feel the same way you would about Black Panther. TBH I found the first half really plain but it delves into some interesting stuff later on. Still think it would've been better if it could've really committed. I enjoyed all the characters too though the inclusion of Martin Freeman's was a bit... Suspect
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17