The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Movies You've Watched Recently

+7
ajapam
chocobot
volvocrusher
TheMatt
Krubixcube
pspiddy
avidacridjam
11 posters

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 6 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by ajapam Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:31 pm

Tarkovsky
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 6 Empty Re: Movies You've Watched Recently

Post by SanAndreasX Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:37 pm

Kiki's Delivery Service, a Miyazaki film from 1989, came out on Blu-Ray, so I picked it up. Going to watch it with my wife tonight.

Looks like Princess Mononoke and The Wind Rises also released on BR the same day.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Krubixcube Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:38 am

I love Kiki's. I've seen the Laputa blu ray and the Nausiccaa blu ray and Disney did a very good job with the transfers on both so if they didn't fuck them up, they are probably great.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:28 am

My super intellectual Interstellar review:

Movies You've Watched Recently - Page 6 Amazing-photos-on-thechive-53

My less intellectual review: it was good, I dug it. But there was something about it that stopped it from rising to true greatness, but I kind of have that feeling about a lot of Nolan's films in general. He kind of compromises on his wonderful ideas in some way to dilute them a little. But it sucked me in, never felt bored, felt science got thrown hard against a wall towards the end but...*shrug* I enjoyed it so whatevers.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:37 pm

I feel like the only Nolan movies that were truly great were Memento and The Dark Knight. The rest have their moments but there seems to always be something holding them back.

Picked up Breathless from the library. I've seen Godard's movies before but this was the first one I really enjoyed. Parts of it feel really unpolished but it gives it a fun sort of charm.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:33 am

Mockingjay was the best Hunger Games movie yet. Probably will stay that way if they keep the god awful ending in part 2 also. But it made things a lot clearer and helped me realize it was still a good story, the book just had a shitty way of telling it. So even though it didn't have to try as hard, it gets the highest praise I can give an adaptation: being better than the source material. And I'm blanking on any book that shares this, unless we're talking comics or The Godfather.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:33 pm

The Shining?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:06 pm

I'd argue that the book is better in The Shining's case but Kubrick went in such a different direction that I don't think it matters.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:30 am

Just watched the new Hobbit movie. It strayed from the book a lot more than I would have expected, but it kept you guessing. For fans of battle sequences similar to the ones you find in Lord of the Rings you'll really enjoy it. I'll have to watch it again to know how I truly feel about it and where it stacks up with other Peter Jackson Middle-Earth romps.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by ajapam Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:53 am

FINALLY checked out both The Avengers and GotG. Avengers was solid though I feel like the recent X-men movies both top it for me. I can't see myself buying it but I'll definitely watch the sequels.

Guardians was great. Probably a Blu-ray purchase at some point for me and it earned a tentative top 3 spot for me. There are several movies from this year I really want to watch that might knock it out of that spot but I doubt anything will top it for sheer fun.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:14 pm

The recent Hobbit film was very satisfying and an excellent conclusion to the trilogy and PJ's cinematic vision of Middle-Earth. I'll have the extended edition to look forward to next year but I'm kinda sad that this is the end. These movies have been great fun.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:21 pm

They sure were. I'll buy both versions on bluray. I heart PJ.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:48 pm

Nine hours I didn't spend watching those movies means nine more hours I spent playing Pokemon. I'm okay with this.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:17 am

Honestly, I'm not sure if I want to see the new Hobbit. The first two didn't grip me in the slightest. To each their own I suppose.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:37 am

If the previous two didn't work for you, this one won't change your mind.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:13 am

Watched A Muppet Christmas Carol while it's still up on Netflix.  Might have enjoyed it more if I didn't like the source material so much, and I hate everything else Dickens did with a passion. Just felt like they could done more with it, the gags they had were fun, but felt it should have been goofier than how it was. Songs were also just alright, save the great one where they introduce Scrooge.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:52 am

Blasphemy against Muppet Christmas Carol!

I saw How to Train Your Dragon 2. It was meh.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:47 pm

I watched 300: Rise of an Empire over the holiday. It was alright, but Eva Green was pretty awesome in it. Much more compelling than the leader of the Greek navy.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:16 pm

I watched The Equalizer last night. Pretty fun watching Denzel do some badass stuff with things you'd find in a Home Depot.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:30 pm

Just watched The Wind Rises. It didn't disappoint. Beautifully drawn, wonderful music and it made some interesting choices about what parts of Jiro's life to depict and how the application of his planes conflicted with his creative spirt.

Rewatched Guardians of the Galaxy. It's obvious how I feel about that film. The opening sequence made me cry a little more this time.

And where's the Vol. 2 soundtrack?
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:43 pm

Obviously when GotG 2 comes out. Which will be awesome!
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:58 pm

True. For a while, I thought we were going to get a dual soundtrack release, like the ones for Dazed and Confused or Dead Presidents.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:13 am

I saw The Interview. Not particularly great, it's a typical "crazy friend gets everyone into zany situations" comedy but James Franco at least has fun with it. Some good jokes here and there, some terrible ones, lots of meh ones. Kim-Jong Un's character is actually the best written one of the entire movie.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:17 pm

Grabbed myself a copy of My Winnipeg ahead of Criterion's release. It's very "canadian" at times with all the good and bad that entails but it has a scene involving horse heads that's way better than The Godfather's, so it's a winner in my book
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:41 pm

While I'm ecstatic that The Tale of Princess Kaguya is up for an oscar, it's criminal that The Lego Movie got a snub.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:54 pm

No one will agree with you more than that than me Kubert. Not just because of my obsession with that movie, but because in my mind, no message a movie can give is more important than telling children to think for themselves and always be creative, even if other people don't like their ideas.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:42 am

I would personally hope that Kaguya wins, but for The Lego Movie to not even be in the running...feels very unsportsmanlike.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:49 pm

The Lego Movie not getting nominated was a bit bizarre. Which of the best picture nominees has everyone seen? They mostly seem to be lesser known movies this year. I'm hoping for a "who's even heard of Arcade Fire?" style Twitter explosion

Watched 12 Angry Men. So good. Might be a top 10 movie
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next