Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The Games You Played in November 2017
by BretBaber Yesterday at 10:19 am

» Now Playing
by TripOpt55 Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:10 pm

» Wanna Play Some Old School PS1 Role Playing Games?
by Krubixcube Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:17 pm

» Gaming Chat Thread
by Krubixcube Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:46 pm

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top Five Favorite Heroes/Heroines (Optional: Top 5 Male, Top 5 Female Game Heroes)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Top Five Favorite Heroes/Heroines (Optional: Top 5 Male, Top 5 Female Game Heroes)

Post by SanAndreasX on Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:06 am

Since we haven't had a new top 5 in quite awhile, I thought I'd do a good one: Your five favorite game heroes/heroines. Optionally, do your top 5 favorite males and top 5 females.

PSN: Super_King666
Nintendo: SanAndreasX
Steam: San_Andreas_X
3DS Friend Code: 2294-5129-1033
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top Five Favorite Heroes/Heroines (Optional: Top 5 Male, Top 5 Female Game Heroes)

Post by Krubixcube on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:35 am

Good lord, that's not hard or anything ;____;

Steam: Krubixcube         3DS Friend Code: 1950-9553-1102         PSN:KrubixCube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top Five Favorite Heroes/Heroines (Optional: Top 5 Male, Top 5 Female Game Heroes)

Post by SanAndreasX on Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:59 pm

Top 5 Male:

1. Squall (FFVIII): I probably identified more closely with him than any other character.
2. Link. Link is just a timeless classic design. He doesn't need gimmicks or much of a backstory. He just works.
3. Cloud (FFVII). He's still a very iconic character who helped make FFVII what it is.
4. Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza series): Probably the most badass video game gangster ever.
5. Mario. Mario isn't flashy. He was designed as a plug-in-anywhere character kind of like Mickey Mouse. But somehow it just feels right seeing him on-screen.

Top 5 female:
1. Tifa (FFVII): She was arguably the best playable character in FFVII from both a gameplay and story standpoint.
2. Samus (Metroid): She's basically video gaming's answer to Sigourney Weaver.
3. Kitana (Mortal Kombat): Favorite fighting game character ever.
4. Luna (Lunar: The Silver Star): I always loved her design the first time I saw her in one of Working Designs' ads for the Sega CD version of Lunar.
5. Rosie (Valkyria Chronicles): I liked her tough-as-nails persona and I thought it was cool how she started out as an anti-Darcsen bigot but gradually started to grow out of her prejudice. She didn't change overnight, and the game wasn't ham-fisted in its portrayal of her.

Surprisingly, I had a harder time thinking of male leads than female leads. Maybe it's partly because there's a far larger pool of male leads to choose from, but I think women in games tend to be more interesting than males in games, for the most part.

SanAndreasX
Biotic God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:56 pm

What are the requirements here? Main playable protagonists?
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by SanAndreasX on Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:23 am

TripOpt55 wrote:What are the requirements here? Main playable protagonists?

Yeah, I'm going to go with that. That's what I had in mind from the beginning. I guess I should have clarified that.

SanAndreasX
Biotic God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:19 pm

I imagine not many did this one because it is pretty difficult. I am going to think on it today and try and put something together.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX on Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:42 pm

I wouldn't have thought this one would be that tough considering the plethora of playable characters to choose from. I figured surely everyone would have their clear favorites?

SanAndreasX
Biotic God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam on Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:44 pm

I forgot about it :\ I'll have to give it some thought

ajapam
Jill Sandwich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX on Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:55 pm

So did I, TBH. Smile

SanAndreasX
Biotic God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:16 pm

I didn't even notice this until now. Here's my list

Male:

1. Wind Waker Link- I just love how you can make such a fun character without him saying a single word. Other Links just feel like an interchangeable avatar, WW Link feels like a real character.

3. Miles Edgeworth (Ace Attorney)- This guy was fun enough as the rival prosecutor, but when you get to play as him and see all the asshole thoughts that go on in his head, it's incredible.

3. Jolee Bindo- (Knights of the Old Republic)- A cynical old man with no filter who's always speaking in riddles. What's not to love?

4. Crash Bandicoot- I like his goofy attitude more than Mario's timeless one or Sonic's cool one

5. Luigi (especially the Mario and Luigi version)- Those games really cemented Luigi as my favorite Mario character. His cowardice and all the slapstick at his expense were hilarious

Female:

1. FemShep (Mass Effect)- There's just something about Jennifer Hale's delivery that makes her so much better than male Shepard when I play. I have such a bigger connection to her than the Kotor, DA, and JE characters because of how cool it is to see her making all the choices I make come to life.

2. Bastila (Knights of the Old Republic)- Just a fun character to wind up and watch her get pissed at you, she always cracks me up when she's pissed.

Don't open this Spiddy, or if you do, don't bitch after:
3. Ellie (The Last of Us)- Technically she is playable for a good chunk of the game and she was what made TLOU's story (spoilers since that's a surprise in the game.

4. Bayonetta- I love all the ridiculous things she does, makes the game just a little more fun.

5. Yukiko (Persona 4)- She was definitely my favorite in the game, her laughing fits were so hilarious.

Honorable mention: Samus- Would be higher, but there's not that much to her outside Other M, and her character was garbage then.

Though Maya Fey from Phoenix Wright beats all these picks, but since she wasn't playable...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:21 pm

volvocrusher wrote:I didn't even notice this until now. Here's my list

4. Bayonetta- I love all the ridiculous things she does, makes the game just a little more fun.

You have my respect, SIR.

Actually, I liked both of your lists. And since your spoiler character is playable, fair game there.

SanAndreasX
Biotic God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube on Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:38 pm

I am one of those that didn't do it yet because it's so difficult...I almost need a huge list of characters as a refresher. Hard to pull it out of my head.

Steam: Krubixcube         3DS Friend Code: 1950-9553-1102         PSN:KrubixCube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber on Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:29 pm

I didn't do it at first because of laziness, but then people stopped commenting and I eventually just forgot. I'll do one soon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:21 am

Well glad I bumped it up since some people missed it. I was going to make a new one (best boxart I was thinking), but figured this one didn't get its due.

I think any time I have to rank stuff through all of gaming, not by genre or system, I have a tough time. Because there are so many good choices.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:07 pm

This was a little easier than expected once I sat down to do it. Still a lot of good choices. Only playable made it a bit easier to narrow down.

Male
1/2. Jak and Daxter: Was going to just say Jak, but Daxter has his own great game, so why not both!
3. Ratchet: Love the lombax.
4. Link: Cool classic hero. Like seeing him in various shapes and sizes over the years.
5. The Prince: Specifically the Sands of Time/Two Thrones Prince. I'm trying to forget the Warrior Within one exists.

Female
1. Amaterasu (Okami): She is hilarious. Great design too.
2. That one that Greenman mentioned that is a spoiler I guess.
3. Lara Croft: She's cool, independent, and badass.
4. Nariko (Heavenly Sword): Great character and design plus voiced by Anna Torv!
5. Jade (Beyond Good & Evil): Might be a better person for this slot, but I like her a lot. Unique look too.

My favorite female game characters are probably Farah (Prince of Persia) and Elena (Uncharted) though they are not really playable.
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top