by volvocrusher Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:29 pm

June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top 5 Party Games

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Top 5 Party Games

Post by volvocrusher on Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:57 am

So you've got a bunch of friends over, what are your favorite games to pop in and play together?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 5 Party Games

Post by Krubixcube on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:18 am

I don't know if they are "party" games but the games I have enjoyed the most in group settings:

1. Halo 2 - some AMAZING lan nights with this.

2. Civilization. Now...hold up boys and girls. I know it's not a game that you can just...play together so easily. But I have had some FOND memories of playing Civ in a friends house, each in a different room (or part of a room) and just shouting at each other. Occasionally meeting for snacks and backstabbing.

3. Tekken series. Me and my friends in college had MARATHON sessions playing Tekken. It was great.

4. Mario Party - Oldy but a goody but back when i had an N64 I had a lot of fun with this one.

5. Guitar Hero/Rock Band - outdated but these were fun as hell at the time...

ALSO, not in the top 5, but a fond memory. Me and my friend used to play the mutiplayer on Tenchu 3. And we'd deliberately lead all the enemies to the same spot so that the game engine would start chugging with all the models on screen and then we'd have slow motion battles. It was dedication and boredom at work in a way that I miss sometimes.

Steam: Krubixcube         3DS Friend Code: 1950-9553-1102         PSN:KrubixCube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:05 pm

Trackmania United. It's just the perfect racing game. Anybody can play it. Especially if you set up a plain flat track. Just when you think you can't be beat, someone comes and cuts 3 seconds off your time. Trackmania 2 is great as well but not quite as accessible

ajapam
Jill Sandwich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX on Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:39 pm

Whatever fighting game strikes our fancy.

PSN: Super_King666
Nintendo: SanAndreasX
Steam: San_Andreas_X
3DS Friend Code: 2294-5129-1033
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:47 pm

I always think of party games as a bit more accessible than just regular quality multiplayer games. Something some non-gaming friends would even play with me for fun. And of course it has to be easy for a bunch of people to get into either via controller passing or just multiple people being able to play at once. With that in mind:

1. Rock Band series: It's got a bit of karaoke in it. Plus the feeling of being your own rock band. Really easy to rotate a bunch of people in and out of. Probably the ultimate party game.

2. Mario Kart series: Racing and battle are both a blast. The items people always complain about make it chaotic and give lesser players a chance to get back in the race which is good for a party atmosphere.

3. Wario Ware Smooth Moves: Kind of an underrated gem this gen. Really silly. Lots of luck involved. Quick to drop in and out of. Good party game. This is the only Wario Ware I've played though. Not sure how the others are.

4. Buzz!: Quiz games like this are a good time. This is always a good one to break out when relatives pop by.

5. Timesplitters series: All the customization options. Make your own weapon sets. All the characters. Bots. Minigames. I'd put it higher except handing an FPS to some non-gamer can be a disaster.

Twolf your Tenchu story is great. I love stuff like that.
TripOpt55
Owns the World's Largest Platinum Relic Collection

View user profile http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt on Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:38 pm

1. Mario Party - It has Party in the name. Obvious #1.

2. Smash Bros - Really could be number 1... the number of hours I've spent playing my friends on the same map over and over and over again are countless.

3. Soul Calibur - We used to play the shit out of Soul Calibur when I was in college. We'd have huge tournaments of 15-20 people all packed into one room. It was a blast. Pretty even mix of guys and girls too. Soul Calibur was always friendly to button mashing!

4. Guitar Hero/Rock Band - We never really played them for parties, but good for just chillin on a couch and passing the guitar around.

5. Mario Kart - Drunk Driving. That is all

Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher on Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:14 pm

1. Counter Strike: Source- Like with T-Wolf and Halo, so many great LAN nights with this.
2. Super Smash Bros- This game was always a staple whenever me and my friends played games. I hate Wario, Diddy, and Donkey Kong so much because of those nights.
3. Nintendo Land- I've played this the least of them, but if you can get enough people over, this is the perfect party game. So ridiculously fun
4. Dragonball Z Budokai series- Tournament mode in this was so awesome. Was such a great way to get everyone involved when we had a lot of people.
5. Rock Band/Guitar Hero- One of my friends was so good at GH, he once picked up the regular controller for shits and giggles and still kicked everyone's ass.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:40 pm

The only problem I had with Rock Band is that people would play on difficulties they knew they couldn't do, thus making the band fail a minute into the song

ajapam
Jill Sandwich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:42 pm

Yeah. But I believe there was a no fail mode that was added into Rock Band 2? Or maybe 3? That made it a lot more fun. Plus we usually played drunk so it didn't matter what difficulty you played at... after so many drinks, no fail mode was necessary!

Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:57 pm

Sometimes I would goad members of my band into trying a difficulty above their normal setting... then we would all just mock them for their subsequent failure for the rest of the night.
TripOpt55
Owns the World's Largest Platinum Relic Collection

View user profile http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:59 pm

Wow, I completely forgot about no fail mode. I wasn't old enough to drink back when I played Rock Band so I missed out on that part. If I was we probably just would've played Carry on Wayward Son for 3 hours anyway. Best song in the game

ajapam
Jill Sandwich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber on Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:14 pm

1. Timesplitters 1-3 - I had a group of friends that would come over and we would play this all night. We had custom weapons (because sic-fi weapons suck), and we'd draw names out of a hat to determine teams. So much fun. Even my girlfriend at the time played and held her own.

2. FIFA games - Rarely do I get enough people interested in the game, but we've had many long sessions of double elimination with 3 people. I always win. Always.

3. Rock Band - I wish they'd make new games, or still do the downloadable songs. I built up an impressive number of songs that I actually liked. The original batteries still work, which just seems outrageous.

4. Sports Champions - The game that came with the PS Move is the PS Move's best game by far. We'd always play this at my cousin's birthday party. It's great, and I can remember an awesome long shot in disc golf that was made. Everyone was high fiving and cheering.

5. Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball for SNES - Great game. Arcadey/semi-real baseball action.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube on Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:46 am

I keep forgetting aja is younger than me...he's so wise and whatnot.

I must say I totally left out quiz games. You Don't Know Jack can be super fun with the right people but I guess I always preferred the real deal as games tend to repeat questions and whatnot.

Steam: Krubixcube         3DS Friend Code: 1950-9553-1102         PSN:KrubixCube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top