The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Worst game characters last gen (PS3/360/Wii)

+7
pspiddy
volvocrusher
Miraculous Kaydybug
Krubixcube
BretBaber
Rainjar
TripOpt55
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Worst game characters last gen (PS3/360/Wii) - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst game characters last gen (PS3/360/Wii)

Post by Rainjar Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:38 pm

Alright then, I don't think hobo Donte acting like an insufferable twat through dialogue that is, in my opinion, absolutely terrible and unlikeable. I think his dialogue comes off like some stupid teenager that's trying too hard to be cool and come off as badass, in my opinion. In my opinion, comparing Donte to Dante is not something that should be avoided as it can help decipher what peoples opinions were on each character. In my opinion, Dante from the previous games so loveable because of how entertaining he was to watch as a character by not taking things overly seriously while still understanding the importance of the situation. In my opinion, it's things like this that helped make the fights with Vergil in DMC3 so damn brilliant I also don't think the fact he's in a shit game, in my opinion, helps this. In my opinion, dialogue with Vergil and Donte about who has the bigger dick does not make the final fight between them very engaging at all.

However Infinite is shit. This is a fact.

Are you happy now?
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Worst game characters last gen (PS3/360/Wii) - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst game characters last gen (PS3/360/Wii)

Post by volvocrusher Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:42 pm

Rainjar wrote:Alright then, I don't think hobo Donte acting like an insufferable twat through dialogue that is, in my opinion, absolutely terrible and unlikeable. I think his dialogue comes off like some stupid teenager that's trying too hard to be cool and come off as badass, in my opinion. In my opinion, comparing Donte to Dante is not something that should be avoided as it can help decipher what peoples opinions were on each character. In my opinion, Dante from the previous games so loveable because of how entertaining he was to watch as a character by not taking things overly seriously while still understanding the importance of the situation. In my opinion, it's things like this that helped make the fights with Vergil in DMC3 so damn brilliant I also don't think the fact he's in a shit game, in my opinion, helps this. In my opinion, dialogue with Vergil and Donte about who has the bigger dick does not make the final fight between them very engaging at all.

However Infinite is shit. This is a fact.

Are you happy now?

volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:46 pm

Waggy wrote:
Kayshire Cat wrote:Yep you're just starting shit now. Thanks, but I respect the people who run this forum too much to actually get involved in this.

It's just an opinion. I'd post something much more ridiculous if I was trying to cause shit but that's what I'd prefer you did, so it's fine.

Although, it does seem that you don't respect them enough to hold back from making the post that started this!  Cool

Generalizations are not opinions, neither is judging people based on their taste in games "like I'd want to be your friend anyway" is a straight up insult.

What are you like 12? Do you actually know how to interact with people civilly? Are you high? I know I am I got high from watching harem anime. Harem anime is the only thing i watch cause i need my boobies and waifus. I CAN ONLY SEE RAINBOWS MAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:49 pm

/thread
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:54 pm

GROUP HUG

Worst game characters last gen (PS3/360/Wii) - Page 2 Comicrage_04
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:57 pm

ajapam wrote:Nope, haven't played DMC3.

What are you, a casual?

...And now I really want to go replay DMC3 again god fucking damn it.

Last edited by Rainjar on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:57 pm

Congrats Spiddy, after all that time since the pony incident, you're off the top of my shitlist. Kay now has that spot.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:59 pm

I don't think new Dante is a particularly good character, but I never thought old Dante was particularly good either. I get thinking the old games were better something I'd generally agree with (I have never played 2 which while I haven't heard good things about, I can't really compare), but I guess I never got the appeal of old Dante. At least not enough to create the uproar over new Dante.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:09 pm

I liked old Dante cause he was sexy and badass. His character was never particularly deep though. I still love him to death though.

New Dante was kind of built off the same idea, but meant to appeal to a different audience. I don't really find him appealing, but I get what they did, and it hurts me to say this but old Dante doesn't have anymore depth than the new one.

No they aren't the same character far from it but they are kind of based of a lot of the same ideas.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:23 pm

Here's my take on this new Dante character (I know nothing about his DMC reboot game or the DMC games before that)....he's shit because everyone picks him in Playstation All Stars Battle Royale, and his level 1 attack is pretty deadly. Hate him for that, not his reboot game.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:25 pm

I main Dante in PSABR Razz
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:26 pm

I play Smash Bros like a normal person.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:27 pm

Kayshire Cat wrote:I main Dante in PSABR Razz

Damn you.

He seems like a good character, but since I know next to nothing about anything DMC I never pick him. I used him in story mode and that was it but if it wasn't for Platinum glory I probably wouldn't have.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Waggy Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:32 pm

Kayshire Cat wrote:Yep you're just starting shit now. Thanks, but I respect the people who run this forum too much to actually get involved in this.

Kayshire Cat wrote:
Generalizations are not opinions, neither is judging people based on their taste in games "like I'd want to be your friend anyway" is a straight up insult.

What are you like 12? Do you actually know how to interact with people civilly? Are you high? I know I am I got high from watching harem anime. Harem anime is the only thing i watch cause i need my boobies and waifus. I CAN ONLY SEE RAINBOWS MAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP.

Hue, but yeah, let's just move on.

Although I loved the game back in the day, I'd have to say that Kingdom Hearts has a pretty large share of terrible characters. Riku in particular due to his whole "Sora doesn't want to play with me so I'll give into darkness" attitude which was really annoying. He'd probably improved if Kingdom Hearts had any sequels, but it doesn't, so. No, really, it doesn't have any sequels.
Waggy
Waggy
Sand Thrower

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:34 pm

Smash Bros 4 needs a release date dammit.

I like Dante in PSABR cause he kind of plays like a 2D DMC game which is really neat. I havent played that game in forever tho.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:37 pm

That's what I liked about PSABR, every character really felt like 2D versions of their 3D characters. Ratchet and Nathan Drank really stood out the most.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:46 pm

I'd actually love to play a 2D DMC game as odd as that sounds.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:50 pm

I think if a lot of games made the jump to 2D it would be kind of neat. Ratchet being one I'd love to play.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:52 pm

Have you tried Muramasa (on vita)?

It's kind of like a 2D DMC but not uite as much depth and RPG elements.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:07 pm

I might try that. I have a played a few games that do sort of feel like 2D DMC (Shank, Dust... some other I am forgetting) but they are never quite as deep as a DMC or 3D Ninja Gaiden.

@Bret: There are always the Ratchet phone games!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:14 pm

Aren't those games super old, Trip? Back in the day I never had a phone so I never had a chance to get them.

I've always wanted Muramasa, I always hope for a nice sale but one never comes. Maybe it'll be free someday with PS+.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:27 pm

volvocrusher wrote:I got another one: the princess from Sonic 06. Why would you have a human make out with Sonic?

Ignoring the...discussion up above. Back on topic: the question isn't why, Greenie, it's HOW.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:13 am

BretBaber wrote:Aren't those games super old, Trip?  Back in the day I never had a phone so I never had a chance to get them.
Yeah I never played them either. They are rather old. Was just joking around!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:16 am

i honestly hate Silver more than Elise. He's like Knuckles if Knuckles was a drooling moron with psychic powers.

Seriously an evil spirit convinces him to go back in time and kill Sonic cause apparently he believes Sonic destroyed the world cause the evil spirit who actually did it told him so. If silver was an actual good character he would have went back in time to kill Sonic 06's dev team instead of Sonic.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:59 am

I'm not going to lie. It worries me a teensy bit that you know her name.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:16 am

It was one of my first 360 games and i paid full price. I beat it i had to get my money's worth but in hindsight it was far more painful than i could have imagined.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:19 am

Damn dude. You, miss, are a masochist.

I watched a playthrough which was funny, because it's awful but I couldn't imagine actually sitting down and playing it. Let alone ALL of it.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:05 am

volvocrusher wrote:I play Smash Bros like a normal person.

Hahahahaha! Preach!
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:11 pm

TripOpt55 wrote:I don't think new Dante is a particularly good character, but I never thought old Dante was particularly good either. I get thinking the old games were better something I'd generally agree with (I have never played 2 which while I haven't heard good things about, I can't really compare), but I guess I never got the appeal of old Dante. At least not enough to create the uproar over new Dante.

Yeah never play 2, it's abysmal for a game in general. It's disgustingly easy, the enemy designs are beyond dull and there's no enjoyable characters.

Kayshire Cat wrote:I liked old Dante cause he was sexy and badass. His character was never particularly deep though. I still love him to death though.

New Dante was kind of built off the same idea, but meant to appeal to a different audience. I don't really find him appealing, but I get what they did, and it hurts me to say this but old Dante doesn't have anymore depth than the new one.

No they aren't the same character far from it but they are kind of based of a lot of the same ideas.

Nobody liked old Dante because of the depth of his character, they liked him because he was so entertaining and encouraging to watch. He reminds me of Kamina from Gurren Lagann quite a bit in that respect, if you've seen that. I don't mind the actual visual design of Donte but I feel like his character is completely wrong. His character seemed to of changed completely from the original trailer too which I think is a shame. I feel like the opening scene of DMC3 is a perfect example of why original Dante was so awesome.

Been considering picking up Sony Smash Bros for a couple of weeks, seeing you guys talking about I'll probably get it on the Vita soon. Wanna play as Kat from Gravity Rush.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:27 pm

I'd get the PS3 version because it comes with a copy of the Vita game for free. I don't think it's the other way around. I enjoyed my time with PSABR. Above people joked about Smash Bros. being the real game, but I don't like Nintendo characters enough to like that game more. Better game? Maybe it is, but I enjoy the characters in Sony's game more.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2