The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+13
Motinator
Rainjar
avidacridjam
TripOpt55
TheMatt
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
ajapam
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
pspiddy
KillaAssassin11
BretBaber
17 posters

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 18 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sat May 03, 2014 5:06 am

Mario Golf World Tour is pretty damn good. It's got standard courses that are really easy to pick up and play, and you pretty much will get par if you dont fucking suck, and then its got crazy courses with item blocks, dash panels, platforms, warp pipes, crazy giant enemies, and it has different modes like coin collecting (instead of sinking the ball in the cup you collect as many coins as you can within the stroke limit.)

I love it my only real problem is the main mode with the more down to earth course forces you to play as a mii, and the fucking voice drives me crazy as well as the big fucking head interfering with aiming long puts, but its pretty cool regardless it brings back the old RPG like story mode from the gameboy Mario Golfs, but ugh miis can go burn in a fire.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat May 03, 2014 12:41 pm

Got through the first world in Kirby and into the second a little. Pretty cool so far. Less emphasis on the powers than RtDL, which I don't like and the hypernova suck isn't as cool as the super powers. And it doesn't seem like it has the challenge bits that pushed RtDL over the edge. But it's still a solid Kirby game.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun May 04, 2014 4:22 am

Finished Sleeping Dogs up the other day. I liked it more than I did initially, but I'd still just rank it as a sort of above average open-world game. I could see why some others might dig it more though even if I never fell for it.

I have Darksiders 2 coming in and maybe either Kirby or Prof. Layton 4? I want to get back into that series.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Mon May 05, 2014 9:30 pm

Started up Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time on Gamecube. I have this on 2 systems and I've never gotten very far for some reason. Not sure why, because the biggest problems I have with it are that the sound is AWFUL on Gamecube and the storytelling makes some things really awkward.

"And then I fell of a cliff and died... No, that can't be right"
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue May 06, 2014 3:35 am

That is a good thing you are doing there ajapam. A very good thing.

I started up Darksiders. There are a lot of things I don't care for about this series (the art design, some possible input lag during traversal, the odd lock-on and how things are attached to it in combat), but I like the gameplay it tries to meld together. And it definitely scratches the Zelda dungeon itch which few games do even if it is never quite as good as those games. I've run into what seem to be some side dungeons too which is pretty awesome.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Wed May 07, 2014 9:28 pm

ajapam wrote:Started up Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time on Gamecube. I have this on 2 systems and I've never gotten very far for some reason. Not sure why, because the biggest problems I have with it are that the sound is AWFUL on Gamecube and the storytelling makes some things really awkward.

"And then I fell of a cliff and died... No, that can't be right"

It's really cool how they have him narrating like that. A lot of people probably don't even notice. It has a cool payoff at the end.
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu May 08, 2014 6:07 am

I went back to SMTIV to stop mysel from buying Nocturne, and while i have a long list of issues with this game (mostly cause if you ask me if any game is perfect my answer will always be Nocturne. It's about as close to perfect as a game can get, and SMTIV is a HUGE step back. HUGE step.) its still pretty great.

Here's my current build

Now Playing - Page 18 BnGYtq2CEAAdGZT
Now Playing - Page 18 BnGYxZRCAAAG7WD

Though saying current is probably wrong since this is how i play all smt games. All Ma and Ag. Except Raidou cause Ma is just defense and there is no Ag
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu May 08, 2014 10:05 am

I did all Mag and Vit. Was that a bad idea?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Thu May 08, 2014 2:37 pm

Nah unless you're playing one of the Raidou games in which case you'll have all defense and no offense. Otherwise its a good defensive build. Ma is usually the most important stat imo since it effects so many things. Magic attack, Magic Defense, and MP. Vi effects Defense, and HP
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri May 09, 2014 12:41 am

Started up Layton 4 for the DS. It's very Layton-esque!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Krubixcube Sat May 10, 2014 7:39 am

Aw, poor baby.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Tue May 13, 2014 1:08 pm

I don't think I've ever played a game that was so much of a mixed bag as The Sands of Time. One moment it's perfect and the next you're restarting because dumb bitch doesn't let you know she's dying and your freeze time move stopped working and you can't get off the ground because somebody hits you every time you try and the camera's twitching around with a huge pillar blocking everything. The quality goes from one end to the other so quickly
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Tue May 13, 2014 3:41 pm

Replaying Demon's Souls because on my original play through back in 2009 I relied heavily on just spamming soul arrow whereas now I'm doing my usual build of a bastard sword/claymore two handed with a shield on my back and light leather armour. It's such a great game, all the worlds are so interesting to progress through and some of the boss fights are the best in the series.
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue May 13, 2014 7:08 pm

@spiddy: 5 years?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Wed May 14, 2014 12:48 pm

Just passed an exam I had to take for work. Haven't been able to play any video games at all lately, because I've been spending almost all of my time on that. I'm really excited to get back into something. Hoping to check out Episode 3 of The Walking Dead Season 2 this week!
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Wed May 14, 2014 6:18 pm

The Walking Dead episode 3 was so out of the blue with its release. I told my mum it was being released and her face lit up followed by "So we're playing it this weekend right?" She gets more excited for these games than I do now to the point she apparently told everyone at her work about it. She doesn't even play them herself, haha.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed May 14, 2014 9:57 pm

Aw, that's adorable
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Wed May 14, 2014 11:30 pm

I found a copy of the ultra-rare DS game Infinite Space at my local Gamestop. And for only $17. That game goes for $50 and up on Amazon and eBay. I love finding rare gaming swag in local shops for cheaper than buying it online.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu May 15, 2014 1:08 am

Rainjar wrote:The Walking Dead episode 3 was so out of the blue with its release. I told my mum it was being released and her face lit up followed by "So we're playing it this weekend right?" She gets more excited for these games than I do now to the point she apparently told everyone at her work about it. She doesn't even play them herself, haha.

That is cool. Does she help you make choices and stuff or just watch?
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu May 15, 2014 2:19 am

I tried to find it when I first got a DS and I probably could have gotten a decent used copy if I had jumped sooner. But alas...
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Thu May 15, 2014 3:13 am

Infinite Space is a case of "wish I'd bought this new when it came out even if I wasn't going to play it right away." Its release was so damn quiet, though.

But indeed, I was one lucky bastard. I was idly looking through the DS case and lo and behold, I saw it. The manager knew exactly what I was looking at before I asked him to open the case up. It turns out that the copy of Infinite Space I bought was previously owned by the manager himself. It's only the cartridge, no manual or case, but even the cartridge by itself goes for $50. I have an empty DS case that contained a game my nephew lost, so I think I'm going to print off some cover art from the Internet and put it in the outer cover.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Thu May 15, 2014 5:57 pm

TripOpt55 wrote:
Rainjar wrote:The Walking Dead episode 3 was so out of the blue with its release. I told my mum it was being released and her face lit up followed by "So we're playing it this weekend right?" She gets more excited for these games than I do now to the point she apparently told everyone at her work about it. She doesn't even play them herself, haha.

That is cool. Does she help you make choices and stuff or just watch?

Bit of both really. We tend to discuss what to do for major parts but for most conversations I just roll with what I want. I bought the first season last year thinking she would probably like it somewhat but she's genuinely hooked on it (Not as much as she got hooked on Breaking Bad a few weeks back, that was just borderline insanity). She read up on the first game loads after we finished it and when I mentioned episode 3 being out now was priceless.

Hopefully we'll finally get started on The Wolf Among Us too at long last.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Fri May 16, 2014 5:09 am

I'm nearing the end game in SMTIV and I really like this game but holy fuck its been really easy. This is the entire reason i complained about inheritance laws in and not being able to fuse whatever abilities you want. its balanced a bit by giving demons typically weaker stats but still having a party that can abuse press turn so easily makes most encounters last less than a full round. Hard mode should be better though hopefully

My current build

Now Playing - Page 18 Bnvd55xCMAAfSns
Now Playing - Page 18 BnveAhrIMAAurIs
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Fri May 16, 2014 7:37 pm

I bought Muramasa Rebirth on the Vita because it was on sale. Seems like a promising game, juggling like a million and one things at the moment though so I haven't got around to sitting down and actually playing loads of it yet.

June may be the month where I just buy all the Vita games I finally want just to get them done and out the way with.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Mon May 19, 2014 8:53 pm

I finished Darksiders 2. I liked quite a bit about it. There are some really clever puzzles. A few even really had me stumped for a bit.

Playing it in such a condensed timeframe was a bad idea though. It is about 20 hours and I kind of rushed through it since I was renting it. Usually with games like that (3D Zeldas) I play them over a few months which means they never wear on you, but this one did a bit about halfway through. The platforming was surprisingly good. Kind of like PoP 08's I guess.

It had this one dungeon where the game randomly became a third person shooter though which was one of the oddest decisions in game design I can recall in recent memory. And it was a terrible third-person shooter of course, so it was pretty obnoxious.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon May 19, 2014 10:08 pm

I have the first Darksiders game, probably have owned it for 2 years and still haven't played it. Never had interest in it, but I remember when you played the first one you said it was like God of War meets Zelda. Can't really go wrong with a combo like that.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by A Roguish Ham Mon May 19, 2014 10:38 pm

Darksiders was one of the first games we covered on Backloggers. It's not our best stuff, but feel free to listen to it if you want. Link is in the sig.
Honestly, the game is a great filler title. It doesn't do anything wrong, but it doesn't do anything amazing either. If you're looking for a game to pass some time between releases of games you're excited about, Darksiders is a good one to play. I think it's about 15 hours long too.
A Roguish Ham
A Roguish Ham
Currently Looking Through Their Ascot Closet

http://www.pixlbit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next