The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+13
Motinator
Rainjar
avidacridjam
TripOpt55
TheMatt
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
ajapam
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
pspiddy
KillaAssassin11
BretBaber
17 posters

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 17 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by BretBaber Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:11 pm

No, but I do have my PS2 hooked up to an old 27" CRT that I keep mainly for old games and Buffy (since it was shot in full screen) and anything else that is made for older televisions. I didn't think MGS looked bad on the Vita, but it looked like horrible on a 50" plasma. Here's a list of games I've played on my Vita...

Parasite Eve - Looked nice, any problems would be the color selection from the developers, a really dark game.

Threads of Fate - Really colorful and looked good on the Vita, horrible character models though.

Final Fantasy VII - Looked great, best I've ever seen it look. Even a lot better than on the PSP.

Medievil - Nothing spectacular, but I never seen it running on an old CRT.

Resident Evil - Looked nice on the Vita, but darker parts were hard to see but I'm betting they were hard to see on older televisions as well

I put Crash Bandicoot on there last night, but haven't played it. That game is hard as hell, I don't know why I keep torturing myself. Crash Bandicoot I remember looking alright on my plasma.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:04 pm

Finished my replay of MGS2. I played it a lot more like an action game this time around and found myself having way more fun. The story and dialogue remains just as interesting as always, it was fun finding all the hidden bits of detail in these games too.

MGS3 replay, starto~
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:22 pm

Playing Spyro on my Vita. Honestly I think it's aged quite well apart from the camera, which is still at least tolerable. Setting the shoulder buttons to the right analog might help with that but I wanted to keep analog movement (why can I have both, sony? Name 3 ps1 games that need the right analog stick.) Nostalgia aside it still holds up better than most N64 platformers to me.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:39 pm

Tried Skate 2 and just don't think this series is for me. I found myself more frustrated at what I couldn't do than having fun, think I just prefer Tony Hawk style craziness
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:18 pm

I started up Punch Out today. Kind of rusty, but enjoying it. Glad there are new characters because I still remember a lot of the old ones patterns.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:06 am

TripOpt55 wrote:I started up Punch Out today. Kind of rusty, but enjoying it. Glad there are new characters because I still remember a lot of the old ones patterns.

They did change up a couple of old patterns, like Great Tiger and Aran Ryan. It gets really interesting during the Title Defense circuit.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:20 am

I managed to win the title. I kept saying "just one more fight!" I then tried the title defense and lost to Glass Joe... haha. That was enough for the night. It seems like it should be super tough which is cool. Definitely way different too. I look forward to trying it some more. Did you beat the title defense San?
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:45 am

I got to TD Piston Hondo before I said "screw this, I'm done for now." I understand that Aran Ryan is quite interesting in TD and takes cheating to a whole new level. Like I said before, it feels kind of odd getting your ass kicked by pushovers like Glass Joe and Von Kaiser.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:32 pm

Played splitscreen in Driver San Francisco for about 3 hours straight last night. It has some really great unique modes. Definitely in my top 5 for 2011
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:29 pm

I played a bit more of that Punch-Out!! title defense. Yeah fuck that. Going to drive me insane. Still enjoyed the game, but that part is too much for me.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:37 am

those games are fun pick up and play games (punch out), but to me they're way too hard to ever beat.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by avidacridjam Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:37 am

Diablo 3 (PS3) is my new brand of crack.
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by A Roguish Ham Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:47 am

Trying to finish up Uncharted (the first one) quickly so I can get started on FFX. I'm about 7 or 8 chapters from the end, so I'm just gonna plow through it, otherwise I'll never finish it.
A Roguish Ham
A Roguish Ham
Currently Looking Through Their Ascot Closet

http://www.pixlbit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:43 am

Started playing Puppeteer. Felt I should probably justify my Christmas present by playing it before it becomes free on PS+. Finished the first Act and it seems like a really fun game with a stylish way of telling the story.

Uncharted was a game I couldn't put down, all of them actually. From what I remember a lot of the last chapters go pretty fast.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:22 pm

Played a couple of matches in DOTA 2. Holy hell, am I out of practice... still love that game though!
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:41 pm

I didn't like what I played from Puppeteer at all. Granted, I didn't get very far, but the controls kind of felt wrong in a way I can't really describe. I had other gripes that I could see getting better as the game went on, but that aspect really made me lose all motivation to keep playing.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:21 am

It might be having to control that cat that you didn't like. I think it might have been a little weird because it can also be a playstation move game. Everything seemed smooth to me, felt like a LBP game only with more responsive controls. I'm assuming it'll only get better as I play.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:16 pm

Binary Domain is average and clunky as expected yet surprisingly funny.

TheMatt wrote:Played a couple of matches in DOTA 2. Holy hell, am I out of practice... still love that game though!

Cyka
Rainjar
Rainjar
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:09 pm

Downloaded the demo for Child of Light it starts off fairly rough. it just throws you into the game middle of chapter 4 with no real direction as to where to go or whats even going on. Once you get into the dungeon though its really good.

Combat is really cool its a bit like FFX's actions have a wait cost and characters move across the turn line based on their speed and action chosen when they reach the end they perform the action, but whats really cool is your support character is like a cursor and you can move him over the battlefield wherever you want whenever. He heals allies, collects items and stuns enemies depending on where you have him.

Really want the full game but i have enough to play aaaaaaaa
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:45 pm

I'm still chugging through the endgame stuff for Fire Emblem but I might pick up Child of Light. If you dig the battle system as an RPG fan and say it reminds you of FF plus the cool art style...that's pretty much a sale to me.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:13 am

it uses a system similar to FFX's CTB, but its a bit more old school. its got a crafting system for euipment too thats pretty neat. The only thing im unsure about is its story seems a little lacking, but its damn pretty and that combat system is pretty great.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:17 am

I want it but too many games right now. I just might wait for a PS+ sale on it.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:20 am

I want to wait for a sale but i dont know. i want it on Wii U, and those sales there seem less common.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:45 am

Decided to jump on Child of Light. Will give some impressions later for any of you who are interested in it.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu May 01, 2014 12:01 am

So I've played about...3 hours so far of Child of Light and I must say I'm in love.

Aesthetically the game is GORGEOUS. It looks wonderful, and it's a world you really want to explore. The music proves to me that soundtracks with live instruments benefit from having a smaller, more focused group of performers as opposed to big-budget orchestral clusterfucks. Though get used to hearing the main theme...a LOT, it permeates every environment in the game (luckily, it's very pretty). The battle themes (main boss theme in particular) are wonderful.

The story is very simple and is better for it. There's the usual trappings of the indie "The story is an allegory for something else" feel at work but it's not overt or overly pretentious here. Everything rhymes in couplets and it has a very fairy tale feel to it.

Gameplay wise, it's very much like a JRPG. I've seen some sites list it as a platformer, but that aspect of the game is pretty much non existent after the first hour. The battle system reminds me the most of Grandia with a timeline that shows your characters and enemy characters actions. When you reach the end of the bar you enter the "Act" part of the bar. If you attack an enemy (or are attacked by an enemy) while in that bar the action is interrupted. Different actions take longer to cast (therefore longer to get through that little red space), so a basic attack might be faster than a powerful spell, say. Combat is simple but the timing really does keep you on your toes, not to mention your little fairy companion who you can control to slow down enemies (slightly) and try to get the timing down.

The timing makes the battle system deep but I wouldn't say the game is particularly hard on its normal difficulty and while I don't mind playing through the game for the prettyness and the nice story if you want a challenge bump it up to hard right away.

Anyway, considering I knew nothing about this game before a few weeks ago I'm extremely impressed and happy with what I've played so far so if you're on the fence and like a good Japanese-style RPG I'd say jump on it.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by A Roguish Ham Thu May 01, 2014 9:26 pm

Dear Uncharted: Tell your jet ski segments I told them to go die in a hole.

I want to pick up Child of Light. I wanted it before I even knew about the optional co-op mode, but now that I know it's there, I think it's something my wife and I could really get into.
A Roguish Ham
A Roguish Ham
Currently Looking Through Their Ascot Closet

http://www.pixlbit.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri May 02, 2014 1:43 am

I am still working on Sleeping Dogs. It has definitely grown on me. A lot of little things make it more fun than it should be. Environmental finishers. Bullet time. Hijacking a car by jumping from another moving one. Still feels pretty middle of the road as far as sandbox games go, but I am enjoying it. Pretty close to finishing it it seems.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Fri May 02, 2014 2:03 am

I never got jumping between cars to work right in Sleeping Dogs. Not even once. I don't get it
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri May 02, 2014 9:39 am

After about 10 hours, Child of Light is easily my game of the year so far (given, I haven't played much) even beating out South Park, which I also loved.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next