The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

LOST Discussion

4 posters

Go down

LOST Discussion Empty LOST Discussion

Post by TripOpt55 Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:20 pm

Let's discuss the show LOST. If you haven't watched it get out because this will contain spoilers for all seasons.

Here are some choices to start things off:

Rank the seasons:

Favorite Character:

Least Favorite Character:

Best Episode:

Worst Episode:

Best Flashback:

Best Moment:

Worst Moment:

That will get us started, but feel free to discuss whatever else too and pose more questions to other members.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

LOST Discussion Empty Re: LOST Discussion

Post by Krubixcube Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:55 am

Will need to give myself a little refresher before I answer this but I am thinking about it...you should start it Trip!
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:18 pm

Sure what the hell. I need to think more on a few of these, but this will be a start.

Rank the Seasons: Okay here is an attempt: 3 > 1 > 2 > 4 > 6 > 5

This is tough because I find all the seasons to be flawed to some extent. There isn't like an obviously amazing season start to finish (like say The Wire's Season 3). The end of three is my favorite stretch of the show. It has the highest highs to me so I am giving it the edge. Plus it has Desmond, Ben and Richard around for the whole of it I believe and they are some of my favorite characters, so that is an advantage over S1 and S2. I'd rank them next ahead of four. I thought it was good to do the flashforwards as a change of pace, but generally they weren't as good as flashbacks. 5 and 6 are definitely last. I've always thought 5 was the worst, but given how the flash sideways turned out, maybe that was worse. I really disliked the time spent in the 70s though. This is difficult and I'll probably want to change it in a day, but I gave it a shot.

Favorite Character: Jack. I really love how his arc over the series (flashsideways nonsense ignored) a lot. Desmond is a close second. So glad I was on Team Jack at the beginning and not Locke. Must have been rough to be a fan of Locke when they flopped his dead body out of a box and you realize, "Oh shit Locke was really cool this season because it wasn't Locke."

Least Favorite Character: Shannon. Just kind of useless. Terrible flashbacks. Annoying as hell.

Favorite Episode: "Through the Looking Glass" (the Season 3 finale). The on-island storyline felt cool as hell and the flashforward swerve was cool too. I love this episode to bits.

Least Favorite Episode: I'm tempted to say something like "Dave" but that is kind of stupid yet inoffensive. Now I'm kind of leaning "Across the Sea" (the Jacob/MiB flashback ep in S6) which is horribly disappointing and so hugely damaging to the mythology, it might take the cake now.

I will think on those other topics some more. Honestly despite how it botched the ending, I still look back at Lost fondly. The ride was just so fun and discussing it week to week with friends seems like an experience that I might never match with another TV show. It was so fun to speculate about. If it ended well it could have been up there with my favorite dramas ever which it isn't now, but again I still enjoyed it a lot overall which may put me in the minority around here.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:54 pm

Rank the seasons, easy.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

For me, each new season found ways to be worst than the last. The only two seasons I enjoyed were the first and second.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:18 am

The last 2 seasons did everything they could to take all the mystery (i.e. fun) out of the Island. *sigh*
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:46 am

Well, let me at least do the first couple questions:

Rank the seasons: 2, 1, 3, 5, 4, 6

I only say 2 because I"m a sucker for that twilight zone style mystery of the hatches and I remember there being a nice balance of supernatural and character building.

Favorite Character: Desmond, Charly, Mr. Ekko (echo?), Jin...not many of the female characters were super strong. Like they had their moments but yeah...

Least Favorite Character: Fucking Claire. I mean, Shannon was annoying but Claire was so all over the place and when she was she was consistent she was grating and yelling about babies and blahblahblah.

That said, I TOTALLY agree with you Trip about Jack. I didn't like Season 6 but if I did it over again I wouldn't change what they did with Jack at all. I love how he turns into the man of faith at the end.

Also, can I get a thumbs up for that AMAZING dream sequence in season 1 Locke has before Boone dies? It is one of my favorite dream sequences in any piece of media ever, it's brilliant.

Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:07 pm

This list will kind of suck since there's a lot about the show I don't remember. I should go back and watch it again when I get the chance.

Rank the seasons: 1, 3, 2, 4, 6, 5. I actually missed a big chunk of season 5 but in the episodes I did catch, the time travel nonsense pissed me off. And I hated the "John Locke is now an ancient evil creature" storyline or whatever that was

Favorite Character: Desmond or Charlie

Least Favorite Character: Probably Claire. My bAAabyy!

Best Episode: Through The Looking Glass or The Constant.

Worst Episode: That flashback episode in season six with Jacob and the other dude.

As for the rest, I'm not sure
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:14 pm

Claire sucked too and for a much longer time than Shannon, so she might actually be worse.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:06 pm

Lost was another one of those finales a lot like Mass Effect 3 (although, much much worse) where the idea of the ending itself wasn't horrible, and kind of cool if it was in a show that wasn't Lost. It's like they had the ending idea for another show and threw it into Lost.

I think the flashback with Jacob and the dude might be the best. ALSO...the whole "WELL, the whole reason you're on the island is to replace me (Jacob)" is fucking...stupid. It actually makes everyone's deaths stupid. As opposed to "Well the Island is weird, and you all serve a purpose (mysteriously) to preventing the end of the world."
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down