The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Now Playing

+15
Krubixcube
SanAndreasX
TheMatt
avidacridjam
Rainjar
Bannen
Motinator
KillaAssassin11
chocobot
ajapam
BretBaber
TripOpt55
pspiddy
volvocrusher
Miraculous Kaydybug
19 posters

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Now Playing - Page 31 Empty Re: Now Playing

Post by BretBaber Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:43 pm

I hated the gameplay in the first Bioshock, so I never tried any of the other games. Little heads up, next month you'll get Bioshock Infinite free on PS+ as well as Devil May Cry, Brothers, Worms for Vita and Smart As for Vita, and a ps4 downloadable game that I can't remember the name of. PS + is awesome.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:46 pm

It is growing on me a bit. Encounters just feel messy. Like the enemies are just thrown in there haphazardly. Maybe I just need to get used to it a bit more. The powers are pretty cool though. It's certainly good enough to enjoy the other aspects of the game.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by volvocrusher Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:19 am

Started up GTA V. I'm normally on the anti-Rockstar wagon, not that I think they make bad games, just don't get what the fuss is all about, but this game is worthy of most of its praise. Still not sure if it's a 10 yet like everyone gave it, but I can't put it down which is always a good sign. Haven't unlocked Trevor yet, but I'm really liking the bond growing between Franklin and Michael. Just like how they cross paths and just decide to have a pseudo father-son thing going on.

Can see this making my top 10 list for this year. Doubt it will get higher than 10 though, but 2013 was so damn great that it's still quite an achievement.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:47 am

I might have to return Splinter Cell: Blacklist for PC. First of all, it's using uplay as additional DRM...bullshit. Then, it starts...it assumes I'm using a controller even though none is attached. THEN, it starts the game without allowing me to go into settings or anything. THEN, the graphics glitch to the point of unplayability.

NAILED IT. If I can't get it fixed and playing perfectly the next time I play it I'll ask Steam to refund that shit.

EDIT: Oh wait, they don't do refunds. Well, I'll do a bit of research, see if I can't fix it.

On a happier note, been playing Metro Last Light and loving it! One of those games that just came out of nowhere for me. Heard it was good but knew little to nothing about it...enjoying the hell out of it. Stealthy stabby shooty goodness.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:10 pm

Nah, I agree with you. DRM only punishes consumers who buy legally, not deterring people who are pirating.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:02 pm

Really enjoyed Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus. Just beat it on Legendary about an hour ago. Great game. It's short, that's for sure, but what is there is a really good game. It's not better than Up Your Arsenal or A Crack In Time (few games are), but it's definitely better than the last two lombax outings. I'll probably take a break until next week and go for the platinum, which is definitely one of the easier platinums out there.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:15 pm

I beat Bioshock Infinite last night. The ending was rad. The combat grew on me for about half the game and then sort of wore out its welcome towards the end again. I hate to say a game should be shorter, but some of the earlier sections could have been shortened getting to the bigger plot ideas sooner maybe. Glad I played it regardless. Cool game.

I've also been playing bits of Beyond Two Souls here and there. Pretty shit so far!
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:40 am

I'll play Beyond at some point, but only for a low price. A real shame that it is so crappy, considering how good Heavy Rain was.

Been playing Sonic on the Vita since it is free. It's a fun game. Everything seems smooth and I like how there's karts, boats, and planes. Not a fan of how long the levels are sometime. Another problem is that I could care less about Sega characters. I still prefer Mario Kart and Modnations Racers to this game, but it is still enjoyable.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:45 am

I keep telling everyone that we need to do a game night for Sonic ASRT on the PS3. And yeah, I can see what you're talking about Bret, but think of it this way, Nintendo fans have Smash Bros, Sony Fans have PSASBR, and Sega fans have actually had 3 games with Transformed now. It's mainly for the Sega fans but it's still a fantastic racing game.
Captain N
Captain N
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:01 pm

If it has cross-platform multiplayer, I'd be in for a Sonic racing game night.
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:40 am

Downloaded From Ashes, Leviathan and Citadel DLC for ME3 with an amazon gift card and am replaying that now. Also played Stanley Parable...but hard to say if I...beat...it. Then, also still working on Metro Last Light which is my unexpectedly awesome game of the year. I highly recommend it.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:40 pm

3 trophies away from Into the Nexus platinum. Since almost every Ratchet game besides the original and Deadlocked have had a funny name about private parts I am rather disappointed they didn't name this game Into the Nether Regions. Oh well. Still a great game.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:56 pm

I've got at least 15 games on the backlog now and counting. Steam sales got me pretty bad and yet I still just keep ordering games online. Someone please help me, I have an addiction and cannot be trusted with money. Still haven't finished P3P, P4A is just sitting the side taunting me ;___;.

BretBaber wrote:  A real shame that it is so crappy, considering how good Heavy Rain was.

Eeeeeeeeeeehhh?
Rainjar
Rainjar

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:12 pm

I finished Guacamelee today which was really great. Good call to both avid and Matt who I recalled championing this upon release which made me bite during the sale. The platforming was surprisingly challenging, not typically a trait of Metroid-style games like this and the combat was cool. Such a unique personality to this game too. I also enjoyed Mutant Blobs Attack (though to a lesser extent), so I will be on the lookout for Drinkbox's next game.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:36 pm

I really enjoyed Mutant Blobs Attack. I hope they make another one of those games again.

Update, only one trophy until I get the Into the Nexus platinum. Just have to upgrade all weapons to level six, and I believe I only have 4 more to go.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by chocobot Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:09 am

TripOpt55 wrote:I've also been playing bits of Beyond Two Souls here and there. Pretty shit so far!

Haha, I kind of like Beyond from the little I've played so far. I do have pretty low standards though.
chocobot
chocobot
Will Eat Lizard Tails to Improve Stamina

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:12 am

chocobot wrote:
TripOpt55 wrote:I've also been playing bits of Beyond Two Souls here and there. Pretty shit so far!

Haha, I kind of like Beyond from the little I've played so far. I do have pretty low standards though.

Also explains why you're with Kay

Now Playing - Page 31 Bugs_bunny1
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:26 am

I WILL CUT YOU

aaaanyways,

Pikmin 3 will be the end of me i fucking know it. Oh my god I forgot how obsessed i get with managing those little fuckers (adorable fuckers but still fuckers). When a boulder rolls over 20 of them it cuts deep in my soul and i start speaking profanities in ancient tongues unknown to any living human, and 3 has a reset day button, and im afraid ill click on that WAAAAAAAAAAY too much.

Anyways its a great game, I love it, I just love it too much. Now let go cry myself to sleep cause i just lost over 200 Pikmin in that last 8 hours.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:56 pm

I've been playing the hell out of my new 3DS: A Link Between Worlds, Kid Icarus, and Project X-Zone. I also downloaded the Game Boy Kid Icarus, the Game Boy Donkey Kong, and all three Game Boy Zeldas. Great little machine. I think the 3DS could end up being the best handheld gaming device ever.

I've also been playing Lunar: Silver Star Story Touch on my new iPad. It's still better on PS1 but it's one of the few console-style games I've played that actually works halfway well on a touch screen.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:12 pm

I've just watching a playthrough of Beyond Two Souls off an on...which is wonderful for comedic value but it gives me no desire to pick up the game myself.

The Walking Dead pretty much did everything David Cage wanted to but without feeling as pretentious or misguided. Because they both have stories that happen regardless of your choices but your choices in Walking Dead help define the Lee you're controlling and his relation to people in a way that's genuinely interesting as opposed to what I've seen of beyond.

OH WELLY.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:46 pm

And without a million plotholes and cases of really shitty writing.

But today is now a day to be positive as Rainjar has truly enjoyed a video game. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. It's a short 2-3 hour indie game and is very simple but it's truly great. I'd recommend playing it all in one sitting if you can. It's currently on sale on the EU PSN store for like £3.50 (From £12) so if it's got da same deals in lands across the pond you should pick it up if you haven't done so already.
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMatt Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:22 pm

Brothers will also be free for the US on PS Plus this month... so that deal is much better than 3.50 in funny money.
TheMatt
TheMatt
Cigar-chomping Dirty Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by ajapam Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:27 pm

I still think it's hilarious that I've known about Brothers for quite a while, yet I thought it was a 360/PC game until I heard it would be free on PS+.

I've heard lots of people recommend it so I'll be playing it for sure
ajapam
ajapam
Jill Sandwich

Back to top Go down

Post by KillaAssassin11 Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:01 pm

I was gifted a copy of Brothers during the Steam Holiday sale. Finished it a few days ago and enjoyed it quite a bit. Hard to talk about without spoiling anything so Ill just wait for you guys to play it when its free on plus and see what you all think.
KillaAssassin11
KillaAssassin11
Asks for the "Guile" at the Barbershop

http://www.unknownconnection.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainjar Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:10 pm

TheMatt wrote:so that deal is much better than 3.50 in funny money.

m8 u cha'ing shit abou' the grea' bri'ish paynd? 1 quid is worth 'alf ur lyfe kiddo. gonna jab u rite in the gabber now m8 swer on me mam
Rainjar
Rainjar

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:19 pm

How can I get you to hate me more....Toe Jam and Earl is a worse game than Assassin's Creed 3. Yeah, that ought to do it!
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next