The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top 5 Arcade Games

+5
avidacridjam
BretBaber
pspiddy
Miraculous Kaydybug
volvocrusher
9 posters

Go down

Top 5 Arcade Games Empty Top 5 Arcade Games

Post by volvocrusher Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:07 am

Replaying a port of my favorite arcade game (which I'll tell later) gave me inspiration for this thread. Keep it to stuff you played in the arcades, so if you only played Tekken on PS1, but not arcade, don't include it, but if you spent a good amount of time with the arcade version, put it in.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Arcade Games Empty Re: Top 5 Arcade Games

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:35 am

I think I've only played SFII, MK2-3, and a few light gun games i cant remember the names to in arcades. I suppose you the MKs would be on top since i generally prefer those to SF.
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by BretBaber Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:51 am

1. Turtles - I believe it was turtles in time, but i'm not positive. Either way, it was a blast.

2. X-Men - Wolverine is awesome. Was then. Is now.

3. Street Fighter 2 - So many foolish fools used to use Dhalsim. His attacks are easily avoidable. Ryu's gonna fuck some shit up!

4. Air hockey - Not really an arcade, but I'm gonna throw it in there because I'd rather play that than an arcade because of the value.

BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by avidacridjam Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:27 pm

1. Street Fighter II. Sucked at this but before the SNES port came around, I'd play whenever I can. Such was the draw of this amazing game.

2. Ms. Pac-man/Galaga machine. Well, duh.

3. X-Men. It remains the only arcade game that I've beaten. And friend and I spent $20 in quarters going through this bitch in Walmart one afternoon. Was it worth it? Yes. Yes it was.

4. Star Wars (1983). Back in the 80s, early 90s, the local video store had a section full of arcade games and pool tables. My brother and I loved the series so of course we were drawn to this. I wasn't as good as he was at it (I watched him finish the game one time) but a lot of memories. The sound effects were great (the TIE fighter roars, dialogue clips from the movies).

5. Daytona USA. If you could find the version where 4 people could play and you had enough friends, it was the best.

Top 5 Arcade Games 463843508_d34ac38a8a_z_zps761187a5
avidacridjam
avidacridjam
Beary Bad Joker

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:05 pm

Good topic. I'm guessing Greenman's favorite is The Simpsons game?
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

http://thetripleoption.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:46 pm

TripOpt55 wrote:Good topic. I'm guessing Greenman's favorite is The Simpsons game?
That would be logical, but wrong.

1. Metal Slug series- Everywhere I went, this was the game everyone wanted to play. X was probably my favorite (camel with machine guns=awesome), but any of these were a blast. It was cartoony, but super violent, the stronger weapons felt really powerful, and was just a blast to play.

2. The other Star Wars Arcade- This was I think around when they rereleased the movies into theaters with Greedo shooting first. You'd pick a movie then it would put you on the Death Star, Hoth, or Endor to shoot everything up. I always loved this thing, before Kotor and Battlefront, this was the Star Wars game that was everything a Star Wars game should be.

3. The Simpsons Arcade- When you had three people to play with, this was the perfect game to spend your quarters on. I actually never saw a Turtles or X-Men cabinet, but everywhere had The Simpsons.

4. Bust-A-Move- SNK cabinets usually had this along with Metal Slug and would give me a nice break from it. Would be simple, just keep matching three bubbles of the same color until someone came to challenge you then go back to where you were.

5. Ms. Pacman- Never actually played an original Pac Man arcade. His woman treated me well though.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:10 pm

Do you guys still have arcades in your area?
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:24 pm

Not really, there are a few pizza places with a few machines, but that's about it. Used to be an awesome place called Nickel Nickel full of cabinets with them costing fifteen cents at most, but that place is gone now.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Motinator Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:19 pm

The only arcades I've ever played are the ones on ferry boats. And those are pretty rare now. Metal Slug (I think it was X because I remember the camels) was the one we had on our ferry for the longest. It was great because if you unplugged it you'd get 100 lives for a dollar. That would last the entire ferry ride and give the kids who came back the other way a free start halfway through the game.
Motinator
Motinator
Has a Bad Case of Headcrabs

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:02 pm

I could do a top 20 of arcade games. Smile

1. Donkey Kong - still love playing it, particularly since we never got anything but severely gimped home versions. Even the NES version is only three-quarters of the game.

2. Mortal Kombat II - I spent far more time with MKII than I did with SFII.

3. The Simpsons - best Simpsons game ever.

4. Ms. Pac-Man - The arcade versions are much faster than the home versions, good for score runs.

5. Virtua Fighter 2 - Every Virtua Fighter game has actually improved on its predecessor, with VF5 Final Showdown being my favorite fighting game of all time. But since the criteria was stuff you've played in the arcade, well, VF2 was the last VF I played in the arcade, and it still holds up pretty good for what it is.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by TripOpt55 Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:55 pm

I never posted in here. I really liked Street Fighter 2, this X-Files pinball machine and the Cruis'n games. I know the latter probably aren't considered good, but I enjoyed playing them when I was young. I also really loved skeeball and those crane games. Not sure if they count... haha.
TripOpt55
TripOpt55
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:32 pm

I don't know if I played in enough arcades to have a top 5 but the Metal Slug series is indeed great, along with Typing of the Dead and Simpsons Arcade
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:13 pm

It was way too hard to pry quarters from my parents for me to accurately contribute to this list. Anyone ever play that dodge ball game? That's one game I wish I would have played.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down