The Play Station
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Top 5 Gaming Goals For 2018 (with 2016 and 2017 also mixed in)
by BretBaber Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

» Now Playing
by volvocrusher Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:27 pm

» General TV Show Discussion
by volvocrusher Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:48 pm

» First Half of 2018 Questionnaire (GotY So Far, etc.)
by volvocrusher Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Heads Up Thread(deals and such)

+16
chocobot
Krubixcube
avidacridjam
ajapam
Keith_Games
Captain N
TheMatt
SanAndreasX
Motinator
b.b.hagen
TripOpt55
Miraculous Kaydybug
BretBaber
volvocrusher
Bannen
pspiddy
20 posters

Page 6 of 35 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 35  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The Heads Up Thread(deals and such) - Page 6 Empty Re: The Heads Up Thread(deals and such)

Post by Captain N Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:01 am

Not sure, check the online ad and it says when you buy the game. So I assume you can just go and buy the game and you get the action fig and the guide free. Not sure if it has artwork though.
Captain N
Captain N
Volgin's Hand on my Crotch

Back to top Go down

The Heads Up Thread(deals and such) - Page 6 Empty Re: The Heads Up Thread(deals and such)

Post by Captain N Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:07 pm

pspiddy wrote:Does the guide have concept art? If so I may jump. Also, I assume this is in-store pre-order only?

Soul Sacrifice demo hits PSN Tuesday

I can fully confirm that you don't need to pre-order it. The guide has no art I'm afraid. But I went yesterday and you don't need to pre-order it, you just go and buy the game and you'll get the goodies for free. But call your local TRU before going to see if they have any of the free stuff first.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:47 pm

Toys R Us is having the same thing with Injustice, buy the game, get the figure, but instead of the guidebook, you get a 15 dollar gift card.

Also Best Buy is having select 3DS games for sale, most notable is Paper Mario at 20 bucks.

@pspiddy no prob.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 pm

Do they have a sale on the ME3 DLC?
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:26 am

I can't even navigate their shitty store in order to see how to even BUY the DLC.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain N Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:06 pm

Fry's is having a Wii U game bundle, ZombiU, Sonic ASRT, and Nintendo Land, all 3 games for 60 bucks.
Captain N
Captain N

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:11 pm

Amazon has Zone of Enders HD collection for $17.99. Normally it has been around $30. Since I have a house and won't be buying the new games like I used to, I'm gonna be bargain shopping like this. To get my free shipping I also picked up Sorcery for $12. Always wanted to play Sorcery just never got it.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:04 am

I don't do a lot of shopping on Amazon, normally I just throw things I want into my cart and if they drop to a price I'm satisfied with I'll purchase it. I also have Netflix but never really watch it. I'll have to check out this shoprunner though.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:37 am

I have a HUGE amazon wishlist that I do that for. And since they've added that thing that says "THIS DROPPED __% SINCE YOU ADDED IT"...well, clever girl, clever girl.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:00 pm

Ha, Jurassic Park reference. You're a clever girl.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:35 pm

Damn right.
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraculous Kaydybug Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:39 pm

He's not as pretty as me though
Miraculous Kaydybug
Miraculous Kaydybug
Sees Tetris Blocks EVERYWHERE

http://gunstabwounds.tumblr.com/stabs

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:56 pm

My local Vintage Stock is selling Suikoden II for $100, case, manual, and game. The game goes for $150 on Amazon or eBay. What to do , what to do.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by volvocrusher Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:58 pm

Do it San Andreas. It'll get you a PS1 RPG you'll probably love while you can just wait until other games you'll like less are cheaper to make up for the cost.
volvocrusher
volvocrusher
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:25 pm

pspiddy wrote:Holy shit! Now I know what to sell if I ever get desperate! This makes me want to look up the prices on all of my games.

Was it a limited print run or something? Like Panzer Dragoon Saga? Madness, I tell you.

Yeah, it was kind of a limited printing, although it's not a rarity on the same level as PDS. Incidentally, I own PDS, along with Shining Force III. Smile Plus, it has yet to show up on PSN Classics, although Suikoden I has been available there for over a year, so that's helping it hold its value.

I'm amazed at the huge number of my games that are now worth a small fortune to the right buyer. Although I did pay premiums for PDS and Shining Force III, having not been a Saturn owner when those games were originally released, most of my games I bought for $30-40 brand-new back in the day. Valkyrie Profile can command $70-80, I bought it in 2000 for $40. Heck, even FF7's black-label edition still holds its value in spite of FFVII being the second-bestselling PS1 game in the US (after Gran Turismo) and being available on PSN and on PC. And if only I hadn't been a dumb kid and thrown away all my SNES boxes.....

I'm kind of kicking myself for not getting Metroid Prime Trilogy, the Tales of Vesperia CE, or the Skyward Sword CE, which all fetch triple-digit premiums, and I still regret losing out on the Ni no Kuni Wizards Edition or the Amazon steelbook edition of that game.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:56 am

Kayshire Cat wrote:He's not as pretty as me though

You don't know that, you haven't seen my picture >_<
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by BretBaber Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:05 am

His brain is beautiful.
BretBaber
BretBaber
Last of the Mudokons

Back to top Go down

Post by Krubixcube Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:59 am

My brain may be beautiful but you all are giving me a complex *sticks finger down throat*
Krubixcube
Krubixcube
Goddess of the Seal

Back to top Go down

Post by SanAndreasX Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:55 am

pspiddy wrote:I wish I still had my Saturn so we could loan each other Suikoden II and PDS.

All the crap I lost in the flood I'm always bitching about could probably net me a good used car. I used to drop serious cash on CEs and such back when I didn't have other priorities. I looked into replacing things a few years back and gave up since the cost of things put me in the fetal position.

If Suikoden II is that rare and you're a collector, drop it if you got it Smile

Also, I think this thread needs to start posting CEs and bonuses and the sites you can get 'em at.

I buy CEs when they're nice. I bought the Bioshock Infinite CE - the medium sized one with the artbook, not the ridiculous one with the Songbird statue. Because Infinite is a AAA title, it's ironically not going to hold its value. I've noticed that AAA CEs tend to flood the market and be worth little more used than the vanilla editions, owing to there being so many of them out there. Most people who buy AAA games tend to flip them anyway, while the rarer games generally have the mystique of being cult classics. I did pre-order the Tales of Xillia CE, and that one I do expect to hold its value or even appreciate in value, based on how valuable Vesperia's CE became within a few short months.

However, honestly, I don't buy CEs or rare games as an invesstment. I buy them because I want them and they look cool. I very rarely sell my games. I've tried in the past, and I've found myself wanting to play them again pretty badly. Plus, unless I'm willing to go to the trouble of setting up a storefront on eBay or Amazon, they really wouldn't fetch enough money to help with any bills I might have, so it wouldn't be worth it.
SanAndreasX
SanAndreasX
Biotic God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 35 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 35  Next